Do you own both TOR and AiME?

The place for discussion of Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games' "Adventures in Middle-earth" OGL setting.
frodolives

Do you own both TOR and AiME?

Post by frodolives » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Just curious if most people are playing one or the other, or both.

Collin

Re: Do you own both TOR and AiME?

Post by Collin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:18 pm

I own everything for both. I'd prefer to play TOR, but my D&D group would prefer AiMe due to general familiarity.

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:34 pm

I own both, and my campaign right now is mostly TOR. We played once using AiMe, and all seemed to like it. At some point we might switch over to that. In either event, I plan on supporting both.
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

Beran

Post by Beran » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Yep, I've got both as well. Physical copy of TOR, and ecopies of AiME books.

Glorelendil

Post by Glorelendil » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Physical copies of both, intend to keep going that way.
The Munchkin Formerly Known as Elfcrusher
Journey Computer | Combat Simulator | Bestiary | Weapon Calculator

Zulgolra

Post by Zulgolra » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:39 pm

I only own TOR. I never realy liked DnD (I don´t know 5ft edition, I only own books of 3.5) so I don´t own Playershandbook and so on... Therefore I had no reason to buy AiME, because I would first have to look through fifth edition and see if I liked it better than 3rd and 4th.

And to be totaly honest, I don´t miss a thing in TOR for a game in Middle Earth. So why should I look at AiME?!
I think AiME is more of a possibility for people unhappy with TOR or who really like DnD or who play with people who do or think this way.

But I´m not sure how many TOR only players come over here. I do not come over here a lot, and probably some will never do...

Majestic

Post by Majestic » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Zulgolra wrote:I only own TOR. I never realy liked DnD (I don´t know 5ft edition, I only own books of 3.5) so I don´t own Playershandbook and so on... Therefore I had no reason to buy AiME, because I would first have to look through fifth edition and see if I liked it better than 3rd and 4th.

And to be totaly honest, I don´t miss a thing in TOR for a game in Middle Earth. So why should I look at AiME?!
I think AiME is more of a possibility for people unhappy with TOR or who really like DnD or who play with people who do or think this way.

But I´m not sure how many TOR only players come over here. I do not come over here a lot, and probably some will never do...
FWIW, I love The One Ring, but I also appreciate (and enjoy) Adventures in Middle-earth and D&D 5E as well. Both are outstanding games that both me and my group greatly appreciate and like playing.
Adventure Summaries of our campaign, currently playing through The Darkening of Mirkwood

Mim

Post by Mim » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Yes, I also own 'em both. They both have strengths and weaknesses but add immeasurably to our gaming experiences in Middle-earth. Awesome games. :D

thekingofkings

Post by thekingofkings » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:26 am

I am a complete fanboy of everything middle earth so I have all the hardcopies and pdfs for both. though we play 1R due to us all hating 5th ed (though aime made 5th alot more tolerable)

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 pm

I own TOR and the two AiMe books released so far but won't buy any more of the latter. I picked up the two core books as a bit of a curio and have liked some of the rules around Journeys and Audiences but I find TOR* to be a far more accurate and better designed representation of Tolkien's work. I therefore have no inclination to run it (AiMe), and my gaming group really left D&D behind a long time ago, so won't be picking up any further books in the line.

* Although I have, admittedly, house ruled it to hell and back included some of AiMe's journey mechanics so read into that what you will!