Berlin

Southby-Taylyour

Berlin

Post by Southby-Taylyour » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:37 am

Hi.
I've come late to WWC Cold War.
But I like what I see.
Even if you don't use the Cthulhu Mythos it's a great resource for role playing in modern times.
Relatively speaking.
Can anyone say that there will be anymore Source books?
I would have thought Berlin would have been a shoe-in for it's own source book.
Thoughts?

Hermes Serpent

Re: Berlin

Post by Hermes Serpent » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:57 am

I picked up the Berlin 61 BRP source book from Chaosium for this reason. It's written as a monograph (not edited etc by Chaosium just the author) so it's a bit rough in places. It's also written by an American so treat the stereotypical culture comments about the various people in Berlin from non-German cultures with a handy dose of salt and put your own spin on those. The writing sort of mashes together bits from BRP and CoC with a section on a Mythos entity to use in play if you want to go down that route.

You might find something from the Delta Green line that deals with various cities etc outside the US. Also check the TSR/WOTC Top Secret line and their James Bond line for useful supplements. Old copies of travel guide books also come in handy if they refer to the Seventies. I use these and city travel maps a lot in my games as they give the players something to touch to bring them into the period feel. Old copies of eth CIA World factbook would also be a good tool for various countries.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon