Cold War Cities

Hermes Serpent

Cold War Cities

Post by Hermes Serpent » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:47 am

We have a decent amount of information about Istanbul during the Cold War provided in the core rulebook but has anyone put together a similar period piece on any of the other Cold War Eastern Bloc capitals or even some Western capitals?

I've started to put together a smallish piece on Prague for a game I'm setting there in 1973. I've used a modern tourist map as the basis for my group and gathered data on various places that are likely to be used in a spy game set there; Charles Bridge, Wenceslas Square (which is a boulevard rather than a square), the Castle, the hotel for non-Czech visitors (complete with bugs both audio and video), the StB headquarters. I'll be gathering small maps that will be appropriate, say a coffee shop, park, flat/apartment, museum interior, that I can use for meeting sources.

I'm fairly sure that at least one RPG has details appropriate to Cold War Berlin but what about any other cities?
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon