Military Complex 19 - Sverdlovsk

Hermes Serpent

Military Complex 19 - Sverdlovsk

Post by Hermes Serpent » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:33 pm

This was the WWC Cold War game I ran at Games Expo and it nearly didn't happen but thanks to Scott for letting me have a copy of the chargen chapter before the pdf was released to the backers allowing me to make some pregens.

Set in 1979 the team had to HALO drop into Soviet Russia and find out if the plant was producing biological weapons, get photos and samples and extract themselves 1400 miles to the Iranian border. All went quite well until they got into the plant and to say more would make a replay of the scenario not any fun so I'll leave it at that.

Anyway having escaped with photos and sample and being pursued by KGB Border guards with Caucasian Ovcharka dogs they reached the railway siding in Sverdlovsk having decided that was the best route to Iran. One of the players was a train driver in real life and provided us with useful colour of what goes on in shunting areas in rail yards. Anyway they jumped a train going West as it was the first one and those dogs looked as if they'd eat a bear for breakfast. After some hours they arrived in another railyard and got on to an east bound train before stealing a 4x4 vehicle from another rail yard and making a run for the border. Thankfully they crossed where close to they had originally intended so the internal passports and paper work was all in order.

The new rules proved very easy to use and the 7e rules are well integrated with the period specific material. C7 seem to think that HC will be available in latish July or around that according to this weekends chat at the stand..
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Military Complex 19 - Sverdlovsk

Post by Andrew » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:16 am

Sounds like a great game! Did Trust come in to it at all? Were loyalties divided? Did everyone make it back?

Hermes Serpent

Re: Military Complex 19 - Sverdlovsk

Post by Hermes Serpent » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:29 pm

No Trust mechanic as I didn't have enough time to work that in to the scenario, which was mostly written prior to getting the rules. If you and Scott had worked faster I'm sure I could have used Trust in some way :-)

Everyone did make it back although one was a bit unstable due to SAN loss after the lab incident.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon