The fate of Our American Cousins...?

DoomWarden

The fate of Our American Cousins...?

Post by DoomWarden » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:34 am

By which I mean will it ever actually see print now that the license will 'go away' before it was scheduled to be released as a physical product? That's the single most interesting book in the line to me and will greatly influence whether or not I take the plunge and buy the rest of the WWC: CW.

Any information would be most appreciated :)

Hermes Serpent

Re: The fate of Our American Cousins...?

Post by Hermes Serpent » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 am

As I understand it from talking with Dom at Dragonmeet there were two attempts to get the final campaign piece written by separate (sequential) teams of authors. In both cases they failed to deliver a publishable manuscript in time as C7 knew earlier this year that they were not going to renew the licence with Chaosium.

Our American Cousins is out in pdf (or coming in hard copy maybe) for backers. If you were not a backer then no it's never going to be in print unless someone sells their backer copy (assuming it comes out in hard copy)

Speculation follows
There is no chance that anyone else is likely to pick up a licence and the setting (which is C7's IP in so far as you can apply IP to the Cold War).

There might be an opportunity for C7 to continue publishing material in the WWC setting when they have their new D100 system in place.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Kinjin

Post by Kinjin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Has there been any indications that C7 will be developing their own d100 system as opposed to developing some totally different rule system?

I've just ordered the core setting book, then visited the forum where I leant they are going their separate ways to Chaosium. So I'm hoping that any future books will be compatible, even if there is a minimal degree of converting, with the current books and ones from other publishers.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:30 am

Again, talking to Dom at Dragonmeet a couple of weeks ago he stated that there was every intention to develop their own D100 system.

For example it might be based on an existing D100 OGL property just like AiME is based on the WotC OGL.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Am I the only one who reads The One Ring rulebook and thinks about how it might apply to WWC?

There is even a Bout of Madness rule . . .
:)

Kinjin

Post by Kinjin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:12 pm

I've never looked at the One Ring, I'm guessing it has different rules?

It's not a major issue either way, as I will still be able to use the current books, but I was hoping there were going to be more.