Keltia: Avalon Available to Pre-order Now

Keltia is a roleplaying game of exciting adventure set in Dark Age Britain where Arthurian legends and Celtic myths are real.
Andrew
Site Admin

Keltia: Avalon Available to Pre-order Now

Post by Andrew » Fri May 22, 2015 2:24 pm

With the Keltia Core Rulebook rattling off the printing presses, we thought we'd peer through the mists, consult our oracle and see what the future holds for Keltia.

In today's blog we're pleased to present the cover for Avalon, the first supplement for Keltia, our roleplaying game of exciting adventure set in Dark Age Britain where Arthurian legends and Celtic myths are real.

“I know it well, that green and tranquil isle,

Encircled by the arms of summer tides

That sway and smile, and whisper of the sea…

The skies bend low; the pale moon idly drifts,

A phantom ship, to some celestial port,

And night and day flow on in still content,

Through blissful years in changeless Avalon.”

– Emily Huntingdon Miller, From Avalon

Avalon, the isle of wonders, is slipping gradually into the mists, taking away with it forever the magic of the Old Ones. Will the People of the Wind and the old gods intervene, or will they leave their children to the mercy of the wave of invaders sweeping the Isle of the Brave? Is the future High King really their chosen one?

Mayhap in Avalon, our forthcoming supplement for Keltia, you will find out! Avalon will be available to pre-order soon - keep an eye on the website for more information as the mists part further.

Cover art by Antonio José Manzanedo Luis.

Pablo

Re: Keltia: Avalon Cover Revealed

Post by Pablo » Fri May 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Currently I have Kuro and Yggdrasill and their current supplements, I must admit that the temptation to buy Keltia is too large, even more knowing that you are already planning to launch entire line. The only thing keeping me from buying it is not knowing when would the screens come.

Rue

Post by Rue » Sat May 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Pablo, I preordered the core for Keltia, and it's gorgeous and clever--you wouldn't regret the purchase!

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Tue May 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Avalon is our forthcoming supplement for Keltia, greatly expanding on the information about magic and myth found in the core rulebook, and plenty more besides.

The supplement journeys to two sacred centres of the Old Religion, the isles of Avalon and Kêr Is. It also delves into the mysterious Other World, its people, the mythical People of the Wind, and their supernatural powers.

As well as plenty of new background infromation, Avalon provides loads of new spells. It also includes a series of potent relics, from the Cauldron of Bran ap Lyr to the Twin Spears of Diarmuid, that your own heroes might one day discover. And they're going to need them too, to face new monsters such as the fearsome Lycanthrope, Gwrgi Garwlywd, or the giant, savage-looking Buggane.

Avalon also features three new scenarios too. Two of these can be played as one-shots or included in a campaign, whilst the third scenario, ‘The Sacred Sword’, is the continuation of the Arthurian campaign that began in the Keltia Core Rulebook.

Avalon is written by Neko, Florrent, Antoine Bouet, Yanick Porchet and Thibault Daprement, art by Antonio Jose Manzanedo Luis, Jerome Huguenin, Antoine Bouet, Florrent and Xavier Colette.

Avalon will be available to pre-order soon - keep an eye on the website for more information as the mists part further.

cleddyfwr

Post by cleddyfwr » Wed May 27, 2015 1:38 am

Hi Andrew,

Would it be possible to buy a poster sized print of that Avalon Cover?

What an awesome piece of art that is.

Thanks,

Byron

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Wed May 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Avalon, the first supplement for Keltia, is available to pre-order at our webstore now. Avalon contains four new adventures for Keltia, as well as more information about the supernatural and the sacred in Ynys Prydein, including background more about the Other World and the fair folk, the People of the Wind.

All pre-orders come with a complimentary copy of the PDF version. The PDF is available right now, the print copy is expected Summer 2015. Pre-order at our webstore, at your local games store, or pick up the PDF version now.

After the release of the Keltia Core Rulebook, we know many of you have been clamouring for more Keltia goodness. Well, we've just finished up work on the first supplement, Avalon, so rather than hold onto it any longer we thought we'd get it into your hands right away! With many of you starting a new Keltia game already, and with the adventures in this book - not to mention all the extra stuff about the People of the Wind, Avalon and - you'll have more than enough to keep you busy!

Avalon greatly expands on the information about magic and myth found in the core rulebook, and plenty more besides. The supplement journeys to two sacred centres of the Old Religion, the isles of Avalon and Kêr Is. It also delves into the mysterious Other World, its people, the mythical People of the Wind, and their supernatural powers.

As well as plenty of new background information, Avalon provides loads of new spells. It also includes a series of potent relics, from the Cauldron of Bran ap Lyr to the Twin Spears of Diarmuid, that your own heroes might one day discover. And they're going to need them too, to face new monsters such as the fearsome Lycanthrope, Gwrgi Garwlywd, or the giant, savage-looking Buggane.

Avalon also features four new scenarios too. Three of these can be played as one-shots or included in a campaign, whilst the third scenario, ‘The Sacred Sword’, is the continuation of the Arthurian campaign that began in the Keltia Core Rulebook.

In this black & white, softcover supplement, you will find:
  • The People of the Wind, the Tylwyth Teg, their powers and their king.
  • The Old Ones.
  • Avalon and Kêr Is, two sacred centres of the Old Religion.
  • New spells and treasures.
  • New creatures.
  • Three scenarios that can be played as one-shots or included in a campaign.
  • ‘The Sacred Sword’, the continuation of the Arthurian campaign that began in the Keltia Core Rulebook.
Avalon is written by Neko, Florrent, Antoine Bouet, Yanick Porchet and Thibault Daprement, art by Antonio Jose Manzanedo Luis, Jerome Huguenin, Antoine Bouet, Florrent and Xavier Colette.

All copies of Avalon come with a complementary PDF. Pre-orders at participating Bits & Mortar stores are also eligible for a free PDF version.

Rue

Re: Keltia: Avalon Available to Pre-order Now

Post by Rue » Thu May 28, 2015 1:57 am

I just ordered my copy and can't wait to play with it! Thanks for having it out so quickly after the Keltia core, especially since there are adventures in it. Happy sigh!

Valarian

Post by Valarian » Thu May 28, 2015 9:22 am

Ordered last night and now impatiently awaiting the PDF code. I always seem to have problems with it.
Anyway, love the cover and the advertised content. These books are great, as the Yggdrasill line is too. My wallet and bank balance could do with a slightly less frequent release schedule though :D
European FG2 RPG
Using Ultimate Fantasy Grounds - that means anyone can play.

Rue

Post by Rue » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Just got my hard copy yesterday in the eastern U.S.--looks great, I can't wait to read up on it. I haven't had time to play Keltia yet, but I'm really enjoying the setting and hope to be able to get a game going soon. Thanks C7!

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Just got mine in New Zealand.
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." - Thorin Oakenshield