Another "New Journey Rules", inspired by AiMe

The unique One Ring rules set invites tinkering and secondary creation. Whilst The One Ring works brilliantly as written, we provide this forum for those who want to make their own home-brewed versions of the rules. Note that none of these should be taken as 'official'.
Falenthal

Re: Another "New Journey Rules", inspired by AiMe

Post by Falenthal » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:53 pm

:D :D

Glad and honoured to have someone question the rules and add to them!

Ecorce

Post by Ecorce » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Finally there wasn't any travel during the game last night, but I calculated one anyway.

Ok for the number of fatigue tests, because it doesn't depend on the duration of the journey. You just count the hexagons and take in account the season, the speed (forcing or not) and the terrain. Simple.

But calculating the amount of days needed to end the travel still remains... long! (your houserules don't change that part, right?)
Ecorce French TOR community

Thoughts about The One Ring : Les Carnets d'Imladris / Notes from Imladris

Falenthal

Post by Falenthal » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Ecorce wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:41 pm

But calculating the amount of days needed to end the travel still remains... long! (your houserules don't change that part, right?)
No, it's not included in the rules. You still have to follow the method from the rules if you need it.
In my games, it hasn't usually been that important if a journey takes the group 6 or 8 days. I usually calculate the number of days at home, knowing which travels the adventure could include, and simply tell them: it takes you almost a week to reach X. Or "it seems like a month when you finally get to the other side of Mirkwood,"

If you really need the exact number of days, you still need to make the calculations using the number of hexes, terrain type, speed per day, etc.

Falenthal

Post by Falenthal » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Ecorce wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:41 pm
Finally there wasn't any travel during the game last night, but I calculated one anyway.
:D

Let me know how it goes for future travels during the game, and what you feel works or doesn't!