Movement and Spell Casting, question

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
Bremenno

Movement and Spell Casting, question

Post by Bremenno » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi guys, I hope some of you can help me with some rules I find confusing, it may be due to the translation, here they come:

- Movement & combat: in one single round is movement IN ADDITION or INSTEAD OF making an attack? For instance, say that Grey Helm is in melee with a Giak and it’s his turn. He attacks (i.e. he rolls on the table), the Giak survives. Grey Helm decides to use the SPECIAL ACTION to escape from the melee, he rolls again on the table and takes some ENDURANCE damage. Can he also move another distance “step” or not? And would it be any different if he had been attacked by the Giak and not starting himself the combat exchange?

- Casting in Melee: is this possible? Apart from spells especially indicated as equivalent to Ranged Attacks, I mean. Also, does casting a spell consume a SPECIAL or normal action?

Thanks for your time guys!

artikid

Re: Movement and Spell Casting, question

Post by artikid » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Movement seems in addition to combat actions and special actions, according to (the unclear wording in) page 26 of the Book of Kai Wisdom.
However, page 38 (under charge) explains It ain't so
You either move or fight, and you may take a special action. Techniques (like charge, which allows to move and then attack) may charge that.

Nothing seems to prohibit spell casting in combat.
Illustrator for hire