Who is Salor?

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
PhilOfCalth

Who is Salor?

Post by PhilOfCalth » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:21 pm

I was reading through my copy of Heroes of Magnamund, specifically at the Sommerlund Knight of the Realm. There are references to Salor, as if he's (or she's) a god. Who is Salor, and are there any other lesser known gods?

Everyone knows Kai, Ishir, and Naar, but I'm having a hard time digging up any information on any of the other gods. Can anyone help me out?

silverfoxdmt73

Re: Who is Salor?

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:21 pm

There's not a huge amount from what I can see. There are a few (evil) gods mentioned in the Magnamund Menagerie under the Priest entry, but nothing in the Devout Archetype in Heroes of Magnamund.

I would imagine with the release of the Realm of Sommerlund we will see mention of some gods worshiped by the Sommlending.

NIÑO

Post by NIÑO » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:22 am

Hiyas!

I thought they all worshiped Kai in Sommerlund... :ugeek:

Ñ

silverfoxdmt73

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:55 am

I think Kai and Ishir are the predominant religions, but there are a number of lesser deities that people pay tribute to on a regular basis, maybe without knowing exactly why.

I can think of examples like sailors making an offering to the sea before leaving on a voyage, farmers leaving out small amounts of leftover food before planting or harvesting and that kind of thing.

Bewildered Badger

Post by Bewildered Badger » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Yes, Kai and Ishir are the main gods in the Sommerlund religion, but there are others.
Salor is a demi-god,the Lord Of Battle. He is revered by Sommerlund's military, but particularly the Knights Of The Realm, who have his symbol (a Broadsword upon a Kite Shield) tattooed on their fighting arm and engraved on their favoured weapon.

There are other demigods, and i presume we shall learn more when Realm Of Summerlund is released.