What adventure to run for and introduction to the setting

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
PhilOfCalth

What adventure to run for and introduction to the setting

Post by PhilOfCalth » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:12 pm

I was thinking of running a game of LWAG for my RL group next time the normal game falls through, considering I can just throw together a group from the pre-gens that come in the box and run one of the adventures that I've got between the box set and Adventures of the Kai. I've also got the old multi-player game core book and the little adventure in that. I have all the old single player game books, but I'm running through them with my PbP group, so I don't want to do that! Thing is I don't want to read more adventure than I think I'm going to run.

Have you guys read them? What would adventure you suggest for a good introduction, both to the system and to the setting?

silverfoxdmt73

Re: What adventure to run for and introduction to the setting

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:04 pm

The first scenario from Adventures of the Kai is a decent enough example of some of the other duties of the Kai, if i recall it starts with them attending a wedding.

RobertF

Re: What adventure to run for and introduction to the setting

Post by RobertF » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Hmm, the pre-gens look OK, but if your group of players are typical fantasy RPGers they might prefer an introductory adventure with plenty of monsters, dungeons, magic, and combat.

My suggestion is go for the gusto - run an adventure where the characters strike out from Sommerlund into the border area of the Darklands or the Maakengorge, investigating rumors of forgotten tombs or raiding a Giak outpost. Use the Magnamund maps & bestiaries to add color to the campaign.