Any further Roles you want to see?

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
Phantomdoodler

Any further Roles you want to see?

Post by Phantomdoodler » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:09 pm

The Archetypes allow for pretty much any type of character, but are there any other iconic roles people would want in LWAG?
Personally I may work on the following:

Assassin of Rhem
Eruan Pathfinder
Ogron Mercenary
Patar Redeemer
Monk of the Sword
Shadakine Wytch
Cener Druid of Ruel
Sharnazim Warrior
Kundi Mystic
Shianti Wizard
Toranese Archer
Acolyte of Vashna
Bhanarian Zhakka
Masbate Warrior
Justin Wyatt

Fly

Re: Any further Roles you want to see?

Post by Fly » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Interesting roles! A Shianti Wizard could be very interesting, but maybe with too much power?

What also about:

1) Ishir Priest
2) Nadziran Warlock
3) Imperial Soldier of Chai

adgramaine

Post by adgramaine » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:53 pm

Kundi Mystic and Shianti Wizard, both. I can't help that I'm just as big a fan of Grey Star as Lone Wolf!

Phantomdoodler

Post by Phantomdoodler » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:19 am

Fly wrote:Interesting roles! A Shianti Wizard could be very interesting, but maybe with too much power?

What also about:

1) Ishir Priest
2) Nadziran Warlock
3) Imperial Soldier of Chai

Yes i thought about a priest of ishir but I think Devout would handle that pretty well. There are no special order of priests in the cannon, like say a D&D style cleric. Imperial soldier, if its just a soldier would probably be covered by the Soldier archetype unless they possess any special abilities (not read the later books in the series). i was thinking of basing the Shianti Wizard on the Lonewolf Mulitplayer Gamebook version of the Magician of Dessi, which pretty much replicated Grey Star's abilities. Powerful certainly, but with the problem that the Shadakine empire wants to exterminate you so it comes with plenty of problems. Would make for interesting stories though...
Justin Wyatt

silverfoxdmt73

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:42 am

Chai soldiers could have some special armour and weapon qualities. But besides that they could be created with the Soldier archetype.

Fly

Post by Fly » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:26 pm

It's true that you can create Roles from Archetypes, but in this way you could create ALL of the LWAG classes!
If Ishir Priest could be a Devout or Chai Imperial Soldier could be a Soldier, so also the Sommerlund or Durenor Knights could be Soldier.
The "Role" is a very particular Class with original capacities: the real goal could be to find what is different for the role one want to see in the game, in my opinion.

NIÑO

Post by NIÑO » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:12 am

Hiyas, fellow enthusiasts!

In my humble opinion, whilst perousing some of the "archetypes/vocations's" wishlist, I believe some of them can't be published, due to the fact that the LWAG is geared towards more "heroic/goodly" PCs.

My 2 coppers
Ñ
Happy new year, y'all!

Phantomdoodler

Post by Phantomdoodler » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Remember that Bad guys can have Roles as well. And whats wrong with someone playing a reformed Cener Druid? Also some gms may want to run a bad guy campaign so i think there are numerous reasons why they should be published.
Justin Wyatt

NIÑO

Post by NIÑO » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:23 am

I dont see the focus of the game going in that direction, like I said.

It all depends on what the line developers are shootin for, pardner!

However, for an evol campaing I would sho vote for Giaks, drakkirim, szalls and their ilk!

Ñ