Solo Adventures?

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
adgramaine

Solo Adventures?

Post by adgramaine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:02 pm

Are there any solo adventures for the game, being from fans or the publisher?

HorusZA

Re: Solo Adventures?

Post by HorusZA » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:21 am

adgramaine

Post by adgramaine » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:55 pm

I should have been a bit more specific: I was meaning specifically for the Adventure Game. I'm a long time Lone Wolf fan and I've read all of the game books. Several times. :D

Fly

Post by Fly » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:35 am

Hi adgramaine,

what do you expect to be a Solo Adventure for this game? This is a roleplaying game, so at least a Narrator and 1 player are needed, no?

The only way to play an RPG alone, it's a gamebook.. so you're expecting a gamebook based on the LWAG rules?

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:49 am

Fly wrote:The only way to play an RPG alone, it's a gamebook.. so you're expecting a gamebook based on the LWAG rules?
There are actually apps for computers that simulate the missing component of either GM or players that can be used so that isn't entirely correct. If that fits the needs of the OP then search around and pick the one that appeals most. But C7 won't be releasing solo adventures for LWAG. I think the best you could hope for would be one player plus GM ones but those are a stretch too, although you could tailor group ones to solo play most of the time.

zedturtle

Post by zedturtle » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:10 pm

Fly wrote:Hi adgramaine,

what do you expect to be a Solo Adventure for this game? This is a roleplaying game, so at least a Narrator and 1 player are needed, no?

The only way to play an RPG alone, it's a gamebook.. so you're expecting a gamebook based on the LWAG rules?
Let's please be nice to everyone. Like Rich mentions, there are ways (either computer-aided or not, like the Mythic GM emulator) to play solo. There are even games who built their reputation up around solo play.
Jacob Rodgers, occasional nitwit.

This space intentionally blank.

Fly

Post by Fly » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:33 pm

zedturtle wrote:
Let's please be nice to everyone. Like Rich mentions, there are ways (either computer-aided or not, like the Mythic GM emulator) to play solo. There are even games who built their reputation up around solo play.
Hi ZedTurtle,

it was absolutely not my intention to be rude with my response. And if it seems so to other, I'm sorry.
I just was pointing out that could be a misunderstanding about the real needs of the OP.

adgramaine

Post by adgramaine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:03 am

I know all about rpg's and the Adventure Game's premise. I was reading LW books when they originally came out, and these days I am a game designer myself. What I was asking was if there were any CYOA style solo adventures, like the original game books, that had been written with the Adventure Game in mind. Playing pre-LW timelines, using Traits and Skills, LW adventures taking place between the original game books, that sort of thing.

I just kept the question simple because we're all here for the same reason - the Adventure Game kicks arse, we all know it is an RPG but I was just curious if I were the only one that thought of this sort of reverse adaptation.

Again, sorry for not being so clear with the question. Slan!