Summerswerd, Magnakai, and the Darklords

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
adgramaine

Summerswerd, Magnakai, and the Darklords

Post by adgramaine » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:23 pm

Are the stats of this artefact listed in any product thus far? I understand that with the game mechanics, I could do a direct conversion. I am just curious if the stats were changed in any way.

Are the Magnakai stats given in one of the books?

As an expansion to these questions, do the Darklords themselves have stats listed anywhere?

I only own the original boxed set, and I can only afford one for Christmas... hence the questions. Many thanks!

Fly

Re: Summerswerd, Magnakai, and the Darklords

Post by Fly » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:32 am

Hello,

as I know, all the things you are looking for are listed in the future books of the brand.

The Sommerswerd might be in the next Sommerlund book, while the Darklords in "The Terror of Darklords" (also not yet available).

Same thing for "The Book of MagnaKai".

If you only have the original set, you can buy the "Heroes of Magnamund" for Christmas, the expense worth it. 8-)

adgramaine

Post by adgramaine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Thanks for the info!!!

Phantomdoodler

Post by Phantomdoodler » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:15 pm

It might be worth picking up the Mongoose published books (The Multiplayer Gamebook) which the current rules are inspired by. They have a Magnakai book and darklands supplement which stats out all of the darklords and weapons. It will do until the official rules come out if you are desperate to use them now.
Justin Wyatt

adgramaine

Post by adgramaine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:07 am

I have a few friends who were wanting to play in a sort of 2nd Gen setting where the next batch of Magnakai were being trained. They are old guard, played the game books way back in the day, and are a lot more interested in what might happen later than what did happen.

I had completely forgotten about the Multiplayer Gamebook. I feel properly chastised and will endeavour to grab it post-post haste!

Phantomdoodler

Post by Phantomdoodler » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Just to be clear, although there are some similarities between LWAG and the Multiplayer Gamebooks, LWAG is a new rpg, so it can be assumed that the new sourcebooks wont really resemble those when they come out. However, as i said, they are useful to fill in gaps until we get the official rules.
Justin Wyatt