Heal the Hunger

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
Vidynn

Heal the Hunger

Post by Vidynn » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 pm

so, in the books it was possible to heal damage done by not having a meal when instructed to eat one...unfortunately, there isn’t much about starvation in the LWAG. I guess it’s possible to heal starvation damage normally - by any means characters might have - but maybe it shouldn’t? Doesn’t it make the Kai Discipline of Hunting and similiar abilities rather worthless? Id rather take Healing. Ah, you’re hungry, wait, I’m gonna heal you...

PhilOfCalth

Re: Heal the Hunger

Post by PhilOfCalth » Wed May 16, 2018 5:06 pm

To the best of my memory healing and other such disciplines have per day per character restriction (or cause the healer to loose WP, or something). So you would rather be using it to heal combat injuries rather than starvation.

Vidynn

Post by Vidynn » Thu May 17, 2018 8:06 pm

no, Kai Healing automatically regenerates 1 End in 2 hrs. So, you’re hungry and take starvation damage. Six hrs later you’re healed. Alternatively, the Kai could use half his daily meditation time and it’s done too. Other roles have similiar abilities.
My take is, you shouldn’t be able to heal the damage until you got something to eat.

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 am

When healing yourself, I take your point, but mine still stands.

If over the course of that 6 hours you've also taken 8 Ep damage from fighting, you're going to wish you had eaten.

This game is rules light, so some things are very abstract and the GM needs to be keeping an eye on things like this. 6 more hours without any food? That's at least 3 more damage for starvation!

Of course with it being rules lite, it's also very easy for you to layer in your own rules. The problem I have had doing this, in any system, is that it's easy to overlook how one house rule may interact with the other rules. You can easily tie yourself into a knot : )