10 Giaks are faster than one...NOT

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
Vidynn

10 Giaks are faster than one...NOT

Post by Vidynn » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 pm

while I think the rules for grouped opponents are better in the LWAG than in the Multiplayer or even the original books, I think that the CS bonus shouldn’t affect the Order of Battle. 10 Giaks or Drakkarim or villagers may have more power, but they sure aren’t acting faster! So, I guess I will try the houserule of stacking CS and END but leave the initiative on the original CS of one individual.

artikid

Re: 10 Giaks are faster than one...NOT

Post by artikid » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:08 am

I think the intent was to somehow simulate the effect of being surrounded by enemies: it's not that they are faster, it's that your attention is divided among many enemies and so some of them manage to catch you off-guard.
But it's your game, so change things the way you want.
Illustrator for hire

NIÑO

Post by NIÑO » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:11 pm

+1

Vidynn

Post by Vidynn » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:39 pm

Quite good point - but if that were the case, it shouldn’t be restricted to grouped enemies of the same type?! A tight group of bloodthirsty Giaks under Gourgaz command and a couple of battle-hardened Drakkarim should even be more overwhelming?
What do you think about the new rules for mounts? In the books and the Multiplayer RPG riders and mounts were the classic grouped and therefore „stacked“ enemies, now they are not...but I kinda like it.

artikid

Post by artikid » Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Grouping different creatures and NPCs isn't really feasible: whose stats would you use as a base?
In your example you'd have a mob of Gourgaz-boosted Giaks, the Gourgaz and the Drakarrim as separate enemies.
The way mounts are handled makes sense to me.
Illustrator for hire

Vidynn

Post by Vidynn » Thu May 03, 2018 9:21 pm

artikid wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 pm
Grouping different creatures and NPCs isn't really feasible: whose stats would you use as a base?
well, both Joe Dever in the books and the old LW Multiplayer RPG did just that (but there was no „rule“ behind it, more like common sense).

artikid

Post by artikid » Fri May 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Vidynn wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:21 pm
artikid wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 pm
well, both Joe Dever in the books and the old LW Multiplayer RPG did just that (but there was no „rule“ behind it, more like common sense).
Well nothing stops you from doing it, but the rules leave you on your own on this.
A possible solution would be to average the basic scores of all monsters involved and then add group modifiers.
As the Giak are a majority I'd add the Gourgaz leading bonus and other Giak abilities but not the special abilities of either Drakarrim nor the Gourgaz.
Illustrator for hire