Looking for a group to play LWAG

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
Avarn

Looking for a group to play LWAG

Post by Avarn » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm from the UK and a relatively new player to RPGs; but I would love to join a group who are running the Lone Wolf Adventure Game. I've recently purchased the base package from Cubicle 7, as I've been a big fan of Joe Dever's original game books ever since I was young.

I have always enjoyed RPGs in the digital world, but never really had the chance to have the pen and paper experience online or off.

I've been looking for groups to play the game with, but so far haven't had much luck.
I would love to invest more in the game and purchase it's supplements, but I'm hoping to find a group that actively plays before I do.

More than happy to jump into a VOIP channel or anything else that is preferred.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear back from someone soon!

Avarn

PhilOfCalth

Re: Looking for a group to play LWAG

Post by PhilOfCalth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Where in the UK are you? We're not currently playing LW, but I am the most common GM and I have a good collection of the books!

I also run a long-running PbP game over on mythweavers, and that will be coming to a close in the next 6 months I recon, at which point one of the players is talking about running a game starting from scratch.

Avarn

Post by Avarn » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Hi Phil, thanks for getting back to me. I live near Rochester in Kent.
I have to say, I'm having zero luck online actually finding anyone running LWAG, which has been a real shame.

I really wanted a good excuse to purchase the rest of the material after all, hard to justify if I'm not actually playing it.

Can't say I have considered doing a PbP, but I'd certainly be up for giving it a go!

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

We're up in Manchester, so that's not workable, but I will let you know the next time we start recruiting for the PbP game. I will be doing a short level 10 game if you're interested, however, there won't be any space for new Kai Lords. I'm using the timeline from the original adventure books. So except for 2 of my players, they are all dead!

Avarn

Post by Avarn » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 am

Yep, Manchester would be a bit of a stretch. :)

No Kai Lords eh? Well that's a nice excuse to purchase Heroes of Magnamund and create a Magician of Dessi or a Brother of the Crystal Star, as long as that fits in with your other characters. Happy to play as anything to be honest, so if your group have a preference let me know.

Bewildered Badger

Post by Bewildered Badger » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi Avarn, welcome to the forums!
I'm a member of Phil's Pbp game, and would be happy to have you along! Even if you don't join us though you really should get Heroes Of Magnamund. :D

Avarn

Post by Avarn » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi Badger, I did actually decide to buy it on Friday. :)

Glad I did, I've been having a read through and it was well worth the purchase. Now the problem is having so much more choice with my character creation.

I would certainly be very glad to join your next game, so I appreciate the invite. I'm also trying to build the nerve to run a game for some friends who also have no tabletop RPG experience. So it would be great to join a game and get some experience and a real feel for the gameplay.

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Either of those options would work quiet well. In fact the PCs are currently interacting with Banedon (if you remember him, the Brother of the Crystal Star from the original books). Assuming it wouldn't ruffle anyone elses' feathers, you could play as him. I have made some slight changes to the text, but they should be easy to catch up on.

Lone Wolf is an excellent choice to start people off with as you can start on easy mode and work up to more complex, while never reaching the amount of rules lawyering you can get in many other mainstream systems : )

Avarn

Post by Avarn » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:00 pm

Hi Phil, I would feel weird turning an iconic LW character like Banedon into a PC to be honest! But being able to interact with him as an NPC sounds pretty awesome.

Since we last spoke I've actually created a Vakeros Warrior-Mage, if that's ok with you all?

I could post/send you the build to look over if you wanted to before hand. I've built it using the Master rules so it's ready to go depending on whatever rule set you are using. ☺

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:17 am

No worries. in that case it would probably be best if you came in for the next scenario. The game is over here:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31705

That means you'll be coming in when everyone is level 10, so you can feel free to level yourself up and make yourself a thread for your character sheet in the appropriate folder.