Looking for a group to play LWAG

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
Avarn

Re: Looking for a group to play LWAG

Post by Avarn » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Ok brilliant, thanks again for having me along.

I assume this means I'll be joining you for the start of the Magnakai series then? :)
Well I will sort bumping up my character to level 10 today and i'll post it in the character sheets section as soon as I'm done. Anything that you notice that's amiss, please let me know.

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:28 pm

I'm going to do a short scenario (about 1/3 the size of a book) of my own design to end this run, basically based around the recovery of the Seal of Hammerdal, which the PCs lost in Fire on the Water

Avarn

Post by Avarn » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:29 pm

That's a great way to end things. Out of interest how did you spin it so they could get the Sommerswerd without it?

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:09 pm

If you remember the book, loosing the seal lead you to a loop where you ended up in a cell and were strangled by other inmates before your captors realized who you were. I figured the two kai lords, who were the current PCs would have a better chance of surviving than one given that the cell would only hold a very finite number of inmates. So they had a hard unarmed fist fight, lost a decent amount of EP for their troubles, but eventually news of their capture reached someone of import, and the jailer's came backto find our heros the only conscious occupants of the cell.

I found the post here:
After 3 hours some of the other inmates start to come to, but none take a single step in your direction. You hear footsteps coming down the corridor. A tall grey-haired official marches your way flanked by two guards. In his hands are your cloaks. When he looks upon the scene in the cells his face shows equal parts joy and apology.
‘Hope beyond hope! Thank the gods that you live, Kai Lords. The scant news that has reached us from the west has caused us great alarm.’
His accent is distinctly Sommlending. Both guards are looking rather sheepish as the man continues
‘Please forgive the Durenor people, they are sticklers for rules which makes them staunch allies, but poor hosts!’

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:20 pm

If you remember the book, loosing the seal lead you to a loop where you ended up in a cell and were strangled by other inmates before your captors realized who you were. I figured the two kai lords, who were the current PCs would have a better chance of surviving than one given that the cell would only hold a very finite number of inmates. So they had a hard unarmed fist fight, lost a decent amount of EP for their troubles, but eventually news of their capture reached someone of import, and the jailer's came backto find our heros the only conscious occupants of the cell.

I found the post here:
After 3 hours some of the other inmates start to come to, but none take a single step in your direction. You hear footsteps coming down the corridor. A tall grey-haired official marches your way flanked by two guards. In his hands are your cloaks. When he looks upon the scene in the cells his face shows equal parts joy and apology.
‘Hope beyond hope! Thank the gods that you live, Kai Lords. The scant news that has reached us from the west has caused us great alarm.’
His accent is distinctly Sommlending. Both guards are looking rather sheepish as the man continues
‘Please forgive the Durenor people, they are sticklers for rules which makes them staunch allies, but poor hosts!’
That character is in the book and is well known in Durenor, thus he could get the PC's as far as the king. Without telling the players, I deemed that King Alin IV would be well enough informed to know what was going on in Sommerlund and wise enough not to hold the loss of the seal against the PCs, while there were bigger things at hand.

Avarn

Post by Avarn » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:58 pm

If anything that makes for a far more interesting narrative for the PCs, and a really inventive way of changing things enough that fans of the original books can enjoy a fresh new path. While at the same time very much in keeping with the original material.

I will have to find your first few Pbp games and have a good look when I get the chance. Seems it would make for a very enjoyable read.

PhilOfCalth

Post by PhilOfCalth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:46 pm

They are very much available for reading, the only problem being that the map links no-longer work, so you can't see the maps I made.