sixth sense and helghast

Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Learn more at our Kickstarter information page: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/lon ... ckstarter/
Jedvard

sixth sense and helghast

Post by Jedvard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:14 pm

Would a Kai Lord sense a Helghast in disguise automaticly or would i require a test?

silverfoxdmt73

Re: sixth sense and helghast

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 pm

Through the series of books Lone Wolf is surprised a number of times as seemingly innocent encounters turn into deadly battles with Helghasts.

I would, as Narrator, be wary of just giving a Hero a test to recognise a Helghast as soon as they are encountered. Rather, I'd allow a test only when dramatically appropriate. And then it would be a high TN too. Don't forget, Helghast Wars and other periods in history show that they were very difficult to detect.

Jedvard

Post by Jedvard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:00 pm

Thanx alot for the fast and informative answer :D
another question about Kai sixth sense....
I´m creating an adventure for some friends and a cener druid has infiltated a village and with the help of an bribed Noodic scavenger released an ancient disease (from a nearby lost tempel) to spread in the village. The druid hides himself amongs the sick villagers waiting for them to slowly die and put an end to the metal they mine for Sommerlund...thats when the rp´s Kai appear and starts ivenstigating and possibly become infected...things becomes a race against the clock to discover the truth and set things straight (returning an artefact to the tempel where it was traped by Elder Magi)...so i guess they sense the presence of Naar in the village but will take a while before they discover the source if they dont confront the hiding cener druid at once....or would they identify the cener druid at once?

arjunstc

Post by arjunstc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:57 pm

I would say you need a Sense Evil spell (Brotherhood spell) to detect a helghast. Sixth sense tells you there is danger, but not always why.

Also, some helghast may be undetectable even with Sense Evil, as required by the plot. :twisted:

silverfoxdmt73

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:26 pm

arjunstc wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:57 pm
I would say you need a Sense Evil spell (Brotherhood spell) to detect a helghast. Sixth sense tells you there is danger, but not always why.

Also, some helghast may be undetectable even with Sense Evil, as required by the plot. :twisted:
I'd fully agree with this.

Jedvard

Post by Jedvard » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:28 am

Sixth sense is a tricky discipline in what you reveal to the players but your aswers helpes me alot to understand how to use it thanx alot!

silverfoxdmt73

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 pm

Jedvard wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:28 am
Sixth sense is a tricky discipline in what you reveal to the players but your aswers helpes me alot to understand how to use it thanx alot!
It's a difficult Discipline to use well as a Narrator.

On the one hand it can totally destroy a scenario if used too often or if a Narrator gives too much information away with it. On the other, a player may find it almost useless if the Narrator ignores it too often. It's a tricky balance to achieve, but if you can pull it off it makes for great suspense and those last minute reveals of villainous Helghasts and other unexpected dangers.

Vidynn

Post by Vidynn » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:56 pm

6th Sense doesn’t unmask a Helghast in my opinion. But moments before the Undead strikes it would raise the hairs on your back and you’re ready to act!