WWC: London - Designer of "Midnight Sunrise?"

World War Cthulhu: The Darkest Hour is a World War 2 setting book for Call of Cthulhu from the multi-award-winning C7 team. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/wor ... cthulhu-2/
tsnouffer

WWC: London - Designer of "Midnight Sunrise?"

Post by tsnouffer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:01 pm

I have some questions about the Midnight Sunrise scenario in WWC London. Can anyone tell me who wrote it? Perhaps I can contact them with a few questions about running it.

Or have any of you run it?

Thanks

tsnouffer

Re: WWC: London - Designer of "Midnight Sunrise?"

Post by tsnouffer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:12 am

Was able to answer my own question. Matt Sanderson wrote it. He was kind enough to answer some of my questions about it.

Cheers

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:58 am

Want to post them here just in case someone else has similar issues (without Matt's email address of course)?
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:35 am

Sure!

My Email . . .
Hi Matt

I am prepping to run Midnight Sunrise from the World War Cthulhu London book. Having a great time plotting out the details for my Investigators!

I understand you are the scenario’s author. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about the scenario?

: Did you have a particular design in mind for the “ornate triangle” that Williams uses on the ritual stone slab? I tried a design of my own and looking online for inspiration. I wasn’t sure if you were referring to something real or imagined.

: On the beginning of p. 123, it seems to suggest that the PCs can discover there was a ritual triangle (slab?) at Dr. Chamberlin’s home. It isn’t mentioned in the Evening Standard handout. I’m trying to think of ways they could uncover this info. Did you have something in mind?

: On p. 128 there is info for the PCs questioning Williams’ staff about Anthony and Ian. It seems to me that the PCs wouldn’t necessarily know the connection b/t Ian/Anthony/Williams. Are you simply covering the bases or do you think it is likely the PCs will make that connection somehow?

Thanks for entertaining the questions. I’m not sure how much of this is still rattling around your brain. I’m looking forward to this one though as I think it suits my players’ characters and braces away from the typical Mi-Go, Deep One, etc. baddies. The Air Raid connection is a plus too.

As I wrote Scott . . . oh, and while we're at it . . . thanks for the excellent podcast and your work on the WWC line. The combination inspired to get me back into GMing for the first time in about 30 years!

Cheers

Ty

--------------
Matt's response:

Hello there!

Indeed, that's one of mine - always interested to hear how people get along with running them :-) I'll do my best to go through the questions in order - it's been quite a while since I've run it!

1: In retrospect, maybe "ornate" was a poor choice of wording. The main thing I wanted to convey was that it was a very high quality piece of marble, cut and polished with precision, both indicating that it would have been quite expensive to produce (an early clue pointing to the fact that the adversary is rich). If you wanted to have designs on it, I'd suggest a series of interlocking triangles, reinforcing the fact that the shape itself is important, being the symbol representing fire.

2: The best ways to bring that to light would be if they discussed the first fire with Fotheringay (assuming they meet him first - as he would have the additional info not mentioned in the newspaper report), or they went to get additional info from the police or the journalist who wrote the article (who probably didn't put it in the article, not realizing its significance).

3: I seem to recall that this occurred in a couple of my playtests, that groups did ask about the men, but not necessarily knowing their names for most of the time (they just went around describing the two men until someone could give them names), so it's partly covering all bases.

I hope that helps :-) I like to feature less-used adversaries in my scenarios, or use them in different ways. Hopefully all goes well when you run it! Glad you're enjoying the podcast - we certainly have a lot of fun putting it together - and WWC. I'm very fond of the line and looking forward to seeing more stuff that's in the pipeline come into being (especially Covert Actions for the Cold War line, very much looking forward to that one).

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome back to the Keeper's chair!

- M.S.