Upcoming Books

an alternate history pulpy retro-sci-fi space opera planetary romance. It's throttled up rocket packs burning radium on the long blast to the farthest reaches of the Solar System. It's hunting thunder lizards in the upland jungles of Venus. It's battling Ancient Martian killing machines piloted by the Deutsche Marserkorps across the baking red deserts of Mars. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/rocket-age-2/
Starkiller

Re: Upcoming Books

Post by Starkiller » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Well techanically could work but i'd like to see more options for this type of character so more cybernetic upgrades. BTW i also love powered armors so having something like that would be nice as i said before i think there are few armor types especially for the earthling in this game. A radium powered exoskeleton would be awesome.

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:32 am

Well I think you should probably still look at building a roboman first. They're amazingly flexible and incorporate access to a lot of mechanical features, like extra arms, stuff like that.

Grevious was mostly robot by the end. What I could see you doing is removing the amnesia, programmed and enslaved traits and add things like achilles heel to represent your human parts.

If you still want to make a more modern style cyborg I really don't see why you don't just have a look at the mechanical features and traits. Rocket Age is a very adaptable ruleset. I don't think you really need detailed rules for cybernetics. Just choose or create new positive and negative traits which best fir your augmentations.

Heck, just take Robot to start off with, which would let you unlock +6 scores, to represent the fact you are a cyborg. Alternatively, make cybernetics work like items that require story points to activate. The only guidelines you need are what seems reasonable and what can you afford.

And if you're looking for powered exoskeletons, check out the hard hat suits in the Asteroid Belt book. They work a lot like a vehicle.

Remember though, Rocket Age is still set in the 1930s. The rocketship, jetpack and ray gun are all new and amazing technologies, but something that really amazing the other races is the radio and a scientist talks about the tv being cutting edge in one of the adventures. This is a high tech setting for the time period its set in, heck, even for our time period, but there's a lot of stuff still outside of humanity's reach.

Rocket Ranger armour is the most powerful armour in the book and that takes up 6 Story Points for example. Though if you wanted to do something more I'd consider looking at the Nazi war walkers. Imagine a Nazi built power armour, like something out of a sleeker Wolfenstein.

Starkiller

Post by Starkiller » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Anyway after Imperial Jupiter and Edge of the Solar System which are the last planned books for this line i'd like to see a tech book (earthling armors) and mostly the book were Einstein is back from extra solar exploration and adventure; finally a Roket Age book set in 2038 would be a dream come true. For those who do not know i have found the names for these supplements from this old (2013 how time flys) interview. http://gmshoe.blogspot.it/2013/07/q-ken ... t-age.html

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:47 am

I remember that article. I'll be curious to see whether the names stay the same or not.

Actually, thinking back to the mention of an Earth book I just realised there's actually a RPG called Pulp Fantastic that uses the Vortex system. It covers the period between the two wars and goes into detail about the different world regions.

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:11 pm

I also just realised that Pulp Fantastic does a lot more with cyborgs too.

DavetheLost

Post by DavetheLost » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:31 am

Yes, Pulp Fantastic is an option.

I think my main issue with cyberwear is that the game is set in the 1930s. Even today we haven't got cybernetic augments. I would have an easier time accepting radium powered exoskeletons, or other external options.

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:27 am

My personal issue is still probably more focused around the idea of human exceptionalism.

The only humans in the setting who are messing around with cybernetics are the Nazis, which is pretty telling. Cyborg Nazi villains would be both possible and thematic. They're probably the only people who'd be willing to do what would be necessary to get cyborgs too...

You could actually build a Subject Zero style survivor. That'd make a cool hero.

And the other people who deal in cybernetics are the Europans and we all know to never trust a fish.

Starkiller

Post by Starkiller » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Any new info about the upcoming books?

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am

You could always ask Ken Spencer. I'll probably ask myself.

Honestly though, considering the runaway success of Adventures in Middle Earth, Rocket Age might be on the back-burner for a while.

Starkiller

Post by Starkiller » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:49 pm

If you find something new i hope you will keep us informed.