Upcoming Books

an alternate history pulpy retro-sci-fi space opera planetary romance. It's throttled up rocket packs burning radium on the long blast to the farthest reaches of the Solar System. It's hunting thunder lizards in the upland jungles of Venus. It's battling Ancient Martian killing machines piloted by the Deutsche Marserkorps across the baking red deserts of Mars. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/rocket-age-2/
Starkiller

Upcoming Books

Post by Starkiller » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Any news about the upcoming Rocket Age books? What will be next?

NozzDogg47

Re: Upcoming Books

Post by NozzDogg47 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:17 am

Well all I've heard is that there will probably be something AND that something is probably going to be on Jupiter and its moons. This wasn't anything official, since they're still sorting things, but it was from somebody in the know.

There was also some discussion about a Earth mini book, but I've got no idea whether that will ever happen.

What I want to know is what custom adventures other people want to run. I've had a few ideas I'm planning in running when I have a group again. It'd probably be fun to get a fan adventure book up on here, maybe even a place to collaborate on writing some up.

DavetheLost

Post by DavetheLost » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:09 am

Jupiter has long been my guess for the next book. It makes sense to see it get heavy expansion and development.

Transjovian space and the outer planets might be fun, but I am not sure if there is enough out there to make a full book.

An Earth minibook might be useful for players who aren't familiar with Earth of the time period, and could certainly help point up some of the differences to Earth in the Rocket Age.

Starkiller

Post by Starkiller » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:07 pm

I think that a book named Imperial Jupiter is in the works (from an old interview wich hinted at additional books like a gear one) but is has been almost a year since the last release and any info about the rocket age line; so i was asking if anyone could tell me something new about the possible release date or any future plans for the rocket age line.

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Well I know nothing about dates, but I do know that there should still be books in the works, since I actually asked one of the writers. He just wasn't willing to confirm timelines.

Also, I know something I'd really like to see in an Earth book is what has changed and how new technologies have effected things. Radium powered orient express, anyone?

Starkiller

Post by Starkiller » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:39 pm

An Earth book would be nice but i'd set for a pdf like that done for the asteroid belt, about the possible tech i'd like to see some sort of mechanical limbs and upgrades for the heroes (either human tech or old martian).

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Somehow I really wouldn't want to see physical augmentation as a major part of Rocket Age.

I'm definitely interested in the changes the technology causes however.

DavetheLost

Post by DavetheLost » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:27 pm

If mechanical limb replacements were to become available in Rocket Age, I would not want them to be any better than meat limbs. I don't want to see cyberpunk elements in RA. Cyborgs just don't feel right to me. Except possibly as Europan experiments, anything could be a Europan experiment.

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Well there are already mentions of replacements like that in the book, so I agree with that assessment if augmentations.

The only time I'd be okay with cyborgs in my games would be as unfortunate slaves to a crazed mad scientist; essentially meat robots like in The Black Hole. Except, you know, in a better story.

Beran

Post by Beran » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:04 am

"An Earth minibook might be useful for players who aren't familiar with Earth of the time period, and could certainly help point up some of the differences to Earth in the Rocket Age."

Check out ep 143 of the Gamerstable podcast titled "Rocket Age & Retro Sci-fi". They have Kevin Spencer as an interviewee and he mentions his thoughts on an Earth Sourcebook for Rocket Age specifically.