Fate of the Intrepid

an alternate history pulpy retro-sci-fi space opera planetary romance. It's throttled up rocket packs burning radium on the long blast to the farthest reaches of the Solar System. It's hunting thunder lizards in the upland jungles of Venus. It's battling Ancient Martian killing machines piloted by the Deutsche Marserkorps across the baking red deserts of Mars. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/rocket-age-2/
Anathar

Fate of the Intrepid

Post by Anathar » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi All,

Is the fate of Einstein and the Intrepid a free to develop area of the game or might there be a book of exploits coming in the future?

If not then I'm planning on putting together some ideas of my own along the lines of the USS Voyager trying to get home, but without the inexhaustible supply of shuttlecraft ;-)

NozzDogg47

Re: Fate of the Intrepid

Post by NozzDogg47 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:31 pm

I remember there was some discussion I had with Ken a while back about that.

He said it would probably be the way they would open out the universe into other systems, but didn't give anymore details.

There's also a very Lovecraftian mention of some psychic entity from outside the solar system in the Lure of Venus, if you want another plot hook.

KenSpencer

Re: Fate of the Intrepid

Post by KenSpencer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:46 pm

It should be no surprise that I consume a large amount of media, and the fate of Einstein and the Intrepid is my hook for a sequel or reboot somewhere ages down the road.

Until that day comes, and it might not, feel free to wildly riff off the idea.
Ken Spencer
Line Developer and writer, Rocket Age
Check out our Rocket Age events at GenCon 2014!