Balancing

an alternate history pulpy retro-sci-fi space opera planetary romance. It's throttled up rocket packs burning radium on the long blast to the farthest reaches of the Solar System. It's hunting thunder lizards in the upland jungles of Venus. It's battling Ancient Martian killing machines piloted by the Deutsche Marserkorps across the baking red deserts of Mars. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/rocket-age-2/
NozzDogg47

Balancing

Post by NozzDogg47 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:51 pm

Alright, this is something that's been bugging me for a while.

So far I've only been running the released Adventures, but I'm wondering, could we get a balancing guide at some point, explaining stuff like how to create balanced mooks, how to modify minor characters into Adversaries and such? How many story points are appropriate? What abilities?

I've been eyeballing it a bit, but frankly I'd like a better idea of how to turn an animal into a full blown antagonist, what kind of enemy is going to put up a good fight, what won't and how likely they are to straight up kill someone.

I mean, it's usually obvious, but occasionally I've either made it way to easy, or really too hard and sometimes I want to create full blown new things.

Could I get a guideline for the number for the amounts of CP and SP low, medium and high level enemies should get? Also, mook thresholds?

NozzDogg47

Re: Balancing

Post by NozzDogg47 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:49 am

I'm not saying the game is poorly balanced or anything, more that I just need some advice since I plan to do a couple of adventures with completely original enemies.