Best Intro to Rocket Age

an alternate history pulpy retro-sci-fi space opera planetary romance. It's throttled up rocket packs burning radium on the long blast to the farthest reaches of the Solar System. It's hunting thunder lizards in the upland jungles of Venus. It's battling Ancient Martian killing machines piloted by the Deutsche Marserkorps across the baking red deserts of Mars. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/rocket-age-2/
Ron Blessing

Best Intro to Rocket Age

Post by Ron Blessing » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:18 pm

What pre-written adventure is the best intro to Rocket Age (doesn't have to be the free one)? And for that adventure, which of the free pre-gen characters do you recommend using?

Thanks!

NozzDogg47

Re: Best Intro to Rocket Age

Post by NozzDogg47 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Honestly I wouldn't use the Pre-gens personally. I find that going through the book and looking at the different species, careers and traits is good for getting the players into the right mindset.

Also, the free episode is really good, simply because you can use it to introduce players to both Martian cities and high adventure. The locations vary, the rivals encapsulate the setting really well, the Ancient Martian tech is on full display, you get the drill. It's just a solid adventure, provided you read it over properly before running it.

... I didn't the first time.

NozzDogg47

Re: Best Intro to Rocket Age

Post by NozzDogg47 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:22 am

Actually, thinking about it, the first adventure from Trail of the Scorpion is a lot of fun too.