praise/question

an alternate history pulpy retro-sci-fi space opera planetary romance. It's throttled up rocket packs burning radium on the long blast to the farthest reaches of the Solar System. It's hunting thunder lizards in the upland jungles of Venus. It's battling Ancient Martian killing machines piloted by the Deutsche Marserkorps across the baking red deserts of Mars. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/rocket-age-2/
Claybor

praise/question

Post by Claybor » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:28 pm

This is a pretty amazing piece of work. One can see the time, effort and enjoyment that went into creating this game. I am very much enjoying reading these pdf's and hope to run a game sometime in the near future.

I do have one thing that has me thrown off quite a bit though, and that's the cost of the species packages. Is there some formula that was used to determine their costs, or were they just chosen based on what the creator deemed to be a good number?

The only way I can see to set the costs is to charge points as in character creation which makes sense, but there is no set cost for raising/lowering species minimums/maximums. The formula I decided on was 1 point per attribute and skill point, and (+/-)1/2/3 for traits. I also gave a +1/-1 per point that the species min/max attributes differed from the standard 6. Using this method, pretty much all the packages need to be reconfigured.

Does anyone have any info or thoughts on this?

NozzDogg47

Re: praise/question

Post by NozzDogg47 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:19 am

I'm pretty certain it's just off what seems correct for that particular species.