Quick Errata

an alternate history pulpy retro-sci-fi space opera planetary romance. It's throttled up rocket packs burning radium on the long blast to the farthest reaches of the Solar System. It's hunting thunder lizards in the upland jungles of Venus. It's battling Ancient Martian killing machines piloted by the Deutsche Marserkorps across the baking red deserts of Mars. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/rocket-age-2/
Nukenin

Quick Errata

Post by Nukenin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Those German names do sound retro - absolutely fitting if you ask me.

But they are not "korrektes Deutsch".

On page 187:

"Untersuchungwanderer" should be "Untersuchungswanderer"
"Persönlichespanzerwanderer" should be "Persönlicher Panzerwanderer"
"Gehendespazer" well, I suppose that should be "Gehender Panzer" ?

I really know how to get on people' s bad side :D

Anyway, the book looks great and I am digging into it as soon as I am home :)

Wulfgar22

Typos and other bits and bobs

Post by Wulfgar22 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:21 pm

I noticed a couple of typos (but for the life of me can't find them at the moment) when skimming through the PDF...not sure if you're looking for people to get back to you with anything they catch?

One thing I noticed was the box on p.206...the first part is not exactly clear. Sometime you will what? Use an attribute, I assume. Does it mean you sometimes use 2d6 + Attribute + modifiers and other times 2d6 + Attribute + Attribute + modifiers?

Anyway, it looks great. Love the system in Doctor Who and so pleased it is being used for other lines and this, especially, is right up my street!!

KenSpencer

Re: Typos and other bits and bobs

Post by KenSpencer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Wulfgar22 wrote:I noticed a couple of typos (but for the life of me can't find them at the moment) when skimming through the PDF...not sure if you're looking for people to get back to you with anything they catch?

One thing I noticed was the box on p.206...the first part is not exactly clear. Sometime you will what? Use an attribute, I assume. Does it mean you sometimes use 2d6 + Attribute + modifiers and other times 2d6 + Attribute + Attribute + modifiers?

Anyway, it looks great. Love the system in Doctor Who and so pleased it is being used for other lines and this, especially, is right up my street!!
The sidebox on p. 206 answers the question in the title of the box: Using and Attribute instead of a Skill. Sometimes you will use Attribute +Attribute instead of Attribute +Skill. Most commonly this is in Actions and Reactions that involve psychic powers.
Ken Spencer
Line Developer and writer, Rocket Age
Check out our Rocket Age events at GenCon 2014!

KenSpencer

Re: Quick Errata

Post by KenSpencer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Nukenin wrote:Those German names do sound retro - absolutely fitting if you ask me.

But they are not "korrektes Deutsch".

On page 187:

"Untersuchungwanderer" should be "Untersuchungswanderer"
"Persönlichespanzerwanderer" should be "Persönlicher Panzerwanderer"
"Gehendespazer" well, I suppose that should be "Gehender Panzer" ?

I really know how to get on people' s bad side :D

Anyway, the book looks great and I am digging into it as soon as I am home :)
I went out on a limb with the German, it being a language I haven't studied (but hope to). Let's say that the German in the alternate universe of Rocket Age is an alternate German? :D
Ken Spencer

Nukenin

Post by Nukenin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Agreed! Sounds good to me :)

And as I mentioned, it sounds beautifully wrong, so it actually fits the theme greatly! Err, not that there is anything wrong with the theme, I mean ...

:oops:

But maybe you should at least change Gehendespazer to Gehendespanzer? Because there is really nothing like Pazer, except in Hebrew :)

And I doubt that a weapon built by Nazis would be named after an accent that is used in the ritual chanting of Jewish religious texts ... well, it would be a bitter irony I suppose :|

Wulfgar22

Re: Typos and other bits and bobs

Post by Wulfgar22 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah. I got that. But the phrase 'Using an Attribute instead of a Skill. Sometimes you will, or more rarely 2d6+Attribute+Attribute+Modifiers' isn't clear to me...it seems to suggest that there are two options: I) sometimes you will use an Attribute instead of a Skill (so replacing or substituting the Skill with an Attribute means rolling 2D6+Attribute+Attribute+Modifiers) or more rarely II) 2d6+Attribute+Attribute+Modifiers (which is exactly the same as the former, right?

Of course, it's quite possible I'm just being incredibly stupid..and if that is the case I blame a long day with noisy kids! :)

KenSpencer

Post by KenSpencer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Now I have found one. The Toothed Saber is listed as having the Toothed trait, this should be the Fragmenting trait (Toothed was renamed to be a more generic trait).
Ken Spencer

Nukenin

Post by Nukenin » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Page 13, First Paragraph: The six Great Powers [...] All seven are capable of [...]

Where is the seventh Great Power? I guess that would be Italy, but it' s not mentioned.

KenSpencer

Post by KenSpencer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Nukenin wrote:Page 13, First Paragraph: The six Great Powers [...] All seven are capable of [...]

Where is the seventh Great Power? I guess that would be Italy, but it' s not mentioned.
My apologies to my Italian friends, you should have been on the list.
Ken Spencer

Seven

Post by Seven » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:33 pm

54 light RAY cannons for the Tribal Class -is this correct?

Tribal Class
Armament: 54x light RAY cannons, 2x rocket pods, 8
rocket ranger launch bays, 2x rocket fighter bays