Trail of the Scorpion Cover Pre-order Coming This Week

an alternate history pulpy retro-sci-fi space opera planetary romance. It's throttled up rocket packs burning radium on the long blast to the farthest reaches of the Solar System. It's hunting thunder lizards in the upland jungles of Venus. It's battling Ancient Martian killing machines piloted by the Deutsche Marserkorps across the baking red deserts of Mars. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/rocket-age-2/
Andrew
Site Admin

Trail of the Scorpion Cover Pre-order Coming This Week

Post by Andrew » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:16 pm

We're pleased to present the cover art for our next Rocket Age release, The Trail of the Scorpion.

This book contains a thrilling series of adventures that span the length and breadth of the Solar System, and can be played alone or linked to form the first Rocket Age campaign! Stay tuned to your RADIO receivers as we draw nearer release!

The Trail of the Scorpion is coming soon for Rocket Age, and is written by Ken Spencer, James M. Spahn, Matthew Haines and Anne Toole.

Learn more about Rocket Age here.

NIÑO

Re: Trail of the Scorpion Cover Revealed!

Post by NIÑO » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:12 am

Hiyas!

So it's either a story heavily involving Tesla,
or
a "Stop-Nikola-Tesla-from-Swallowing-the-Universe" kinda deal, huh?

Can't wait!
Ñ

Starkiller

Post by Starkiller » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 am

Can't wait to read it, by the way given that a lot of work has already be done about the development of rockets and Einstein has already resolved the FTL problem, what has remained to do to the other great scientists e.g. von Braun (for rockets), Oppenheimer (for physics), etc.?
P.S.
HURRAY for Tesla.

KenSpencer

Post by KenSpencer » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:52 am

Starkiller wrote:Can't wait to read it, by the way given that a lot of work has already be done about the development of rockets and Einstein has already resolved the FTL problem, what has remained to do to the other great scientists e.g. von Braun (for rockets), Oppenheimer (for physics), etc.?
P.S.
HURRAY for Tesla.
Well, we have to see about adding these two.
Ken Spencer
Line Developer and writer, Rocket Age
Check out our Rocket Age events at GenCon 2014!

I am a mod, and my mod voice is RED

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:38 pm

The Trail of the Scorpion is the first series-long collection of episodes for Rocket Age. It takes our heroes from Venus, to Earth, on to Mars, Ganymede, and finally to the moons of Saturn. Along the way they will discover and fight the machinations of the mysterious Red Scorpion crime syndicate and its shadowy leader. There will be puzzles to solve, battles to win, chases, betrayals, and high adventure.

The Trail of the Scorpion contains six new adventures, each of which can be played on its own, or as part of a campaign, that take in the length and breadth of the Solar System. The book also contains complete write-ups of three new organizations, including the Red Scorpion crime syndicate and its machinations, along with plot hooks, new weapons and equipment and even some strange new creatures to encounter.

Keep your eyes on the website and your RADIO tuned to this frequency for more information as we draw nearer to the pre-order!

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:39 pm

With the pre-order for our latest Rocket Age supplement - The Trail of the Scorpion - going live this week, we thought we'd take a look at the series of adventures you'll find within it.

In the Scorpion’s Claws – The heroes arrive on Venus to hunt for the wreck of an ancient rocket ship alongside photographer Butch Sanders, and find themselves in the claws of the Red Scorpion!

Tesla’s Torch – The first Rocket Age episode set on Earth sees our heroes being hired as guards for the unveiling of Nikola Tesla’s latest invention! But all does not go as planned when Tesla is kidnapped, leading to a rocket car chase through the skies of New York!

Walk Right in and Steal them Blind – Someone has been stealing experimental weapons on Mars and all clues point to the archaeological digs at Jastariv. Our heroes must team up with Agatha Christie, Enid Blyton and their dog Toby in order to unravel the mystery and stop the Red Scorpion’s latest scheme.

Sting of the Scorpion – Something bad is happening on Ganymede, and our heroes are sent to investigate. Their search for clues leads them from a Jovian Spaceways pleasure cruise, through the forests of Ganymede, and deep into the mysterious and dangerous black fog. What will they find inside, and what does this mean for the peace and security of all the planets in the Solar System?

Escape from the Arena of Death – Our heroes are needed to rescue a Rocket Ranger agent, Ida Sindt, from the clutches of the Red Scorpion’s Martian allies; but she’s been sentenced to die in the Arena of Death

Heart of the Scorpion – The thrilling conclusion of the series sees the heroes launch a daring assault on the Red Scorpion’s hidden lair…

KenSpencer

Re: Trail of the Scorpion Cover Pre-order Coming This Week

Post by KenSpencer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:39 pm

I thought I might pop in to add some thoughts on the episodes in this series sized book:

In the Scorpion’s Claws – This one was a blast to write, and most of the episode takes place in a giant tree in the middle of the Venusian jungle. By giant I mean the main trunk and branches cover a square kilometer or more.

Tesla’s Torch – James Spahn's wrote this nail biting chase through New York city, our play testers are still grumbling about some of the villains, they want payback!

Walk Right in and Steal them Blind – Written by Matthew Haines, this episode brings us to Mars and face to face with some new friends and old enemies. I loved the role that the dog played.

Sting of the Scorpion – Anne Toole takes us on to Ganymede and entangles our heroes in a gripping, almost Bond-movie like, ending. Good thing I wore a tux under by flight suit.

Escape from the Arena of Death – I got to write an arena battle episode! Achievement completed.

Heart of the Scorpion – Three words: Chase Saturn Rings
Ken Spencer
Line Developer and writer, Rocket Age
Check out our Rocket Age events at GenCon 2014!

I am a mod, and my mod voice is RED