Is Rocket Age completed?

an alternate history pulpy retro-sci-fi space opera planetary romance. It's throttled up rocket packs burning radium on the long blast to the farthest reaches of the Solar System. It's hunting thunder lizards in the upland jungles of Venus. It's battling Ancient Martian killing machines piloted by the Deutsche Marserkorps across the baking red deserts of Mars. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/rocket-age-2/
DavetheLost

Is Rocket Age completed?

Post by DavetheLost » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Given how long it has been since we have seen a new release, or even a hint of a new release for Rocket Age is the line "completed" in its current run? Or is there more to come?

I would like to see more information about trans-Jovian space.

I can understand if the line is finished, but hope it isn't.

1666boy

Re: Is Rocket Age completed?

Post by 1666boy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 am

I was thinking the same thing. If I had to put money on it I'd say that it is finished but like you I really hope it isn't :(

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm also hoping it isn't. I remember there was a plan for a Jupiter book at some point, but the hold up in printing could have changed things.

I'd appreciate some word, but I understand we might not be getting any. If we never get a full book, I'm sure we'd all love some smaller PDF releases, like the one for the Asteroid Belt.

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:39 am

Well I don't know any details, but I just heard that Rocket Age is not over yet.

:D

NIÑO

Post by NIÑO » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:29 am

NozzDogg47 wrote:Well I don't know any details, but I just heard that Rocket Age is not over yet.

:D
+1

Ñ

Jeffrywith1e

Post by Jeffrywith1e » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:45 pm

I look forward to more Rocket Age. But if it is, I would like to see other games use this system.

Keeping with the UK licenses, how about Vortex 007!?

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:34 pm

That would be a great match!

I'll also mention that there's Pulp Fantastic, which doesn't do much extra, but does a good job of explaining traditional pulp and constructing monsters. Primeval RPG worked off the Vortex system, but it's kind of disappeared along with the license.

One thing I'd love is a Vortex system toolkit book, to allow players to modify and design campaigns in different settings, like GURPS, Cypher or Savage Worlds does. Honestly, the Vortex system is my favourite system and I'd really get some use out of something like that. I know, you can modify the rules to give the game a different feel (reducing the effectiveness of Story Points for survival in a survival horror campaign, etc), but a professionally made book, with well thought out options for a range of genres would rock my world.

I'd rather run a fantasy campaign using Vortex rules than DnD, that's for sure.

The common things I'd want would be:

Pulp vs Gritty options for story points.
Guides to designing monsters and skills, with an expanded selection of both.
Guides to designing NPCs for different settings and styles of games.
Guides for designing magic systems and items along with a selection of both. Especially if there were guidelines for how to set up the level and kinds of magic your setting has access to.
Guides for sci fi concepts, such as genetic engineering, augmentation and hacking.

Just a book of options and advice, so you can kit bash a game together the way you want it would be amazing.

jamesrbrown

Post by jamesrbrown » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:33 am

Lately, I've been wanting to revisit some old Edgar Rice Burroughs novels and I think that the Vortex system would work wonderfully for a game based on his Pellucidar series.

Vortex is also perfect for Indiana Jones. Good luck getting that license.
Please visit my blog, Advancement Points: The One Ring Files, for my TOR Resources

NozzDogg47

Post by NozzDogg47 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:03 am

jamesrbrown wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:33 am
Lately, I've been wanting to revisit some old Edgar Rice Burroughs novels and I think that the Vortex system would work wonderfully for a game based on his Pellucidar series.

Vortex is also perfect for Indiana Jones. Good luck getting that license.
You should check out Pulp Fantastic. It uses the system to cover a lot of that ground. Certainly not very different to Rocket Age, so there's no real reason to pick it up, but it does custom monster design well and works for more general pulp, including Jones, the Shadow, Tarzan, etc.