Pirates & Dragons

rednblack

Pirates & Dragons

Post by rednblack » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Not strictly speaking Clockwork & Chivalry/Cubicle 7, but for fans of Cakebread & Walton games and the Renaissance system, there's a Kickstarter running at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/131 ... ns-the-rpg

Pirates & Dragons RPG

Cakebread & Walton: Purveyors of Fine Imaginings are proud to announce the launch of a Kickstarter for our latest tabletop RPG, Pirates and Dragons!

Pirates like gold. Dragons like gold. When the terrors of the sea meet the terrors of the sky, there’s bound to be trouble!

They came from Albion, from Gaule and Esbania and Batavia, in search of the treasures of the New World. They found a menace older than mankind – dragons!

In their mountain lairs on the Dragon Isles, giant beasts – old and wise and malevolent – sit on their piles of gold, surrounded by their zombie minions. The natives have found ways of appeasing or evading them – the Dragon Tribes honour them with gold and human sacrifice, the other Islanders use their magic to hide away or resist. The Uropans must rely on gunpowder and cold steel.

And the pirates? The pirates will use whatever comes to hand in their battle with the dragons. Armed with science, sorcery, steel and superstition, they take the fight into the dragons’ lairs in their endless quest for gold.

Pirates & Dragons is a role-playing game of fantasy swashbuckling in a world of magic and treasure, of fantastical islands inhabited by strange beasts and vile necromancers, of treachery and heroism. Together with a group of friends, you take on the role of pirates, out for adventure and booty – raiding the treasure galleons of Esbania, the merchant fleets of Gaule and Batavia, the dragon-hunting ships of Albion, the ruins of lost Adalantas... and the gold-filled caves of ancient and evil dragons.

Gather your crew. Load your flintlocks. And prepare to plunder!

Pirates & Dragons features slick, cinematic game mechanics based on the acclaimed Renaissance D100 system, and is compatible with other D100 systems.

Pirates & Dragons the RPG by Cakebread & Walton — Kickstarter

rednblack

Re: Pirates & Dragons

Post by rednblack » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Here's a look at the making (so far) of the Pirates & Dragons RPG:

http://roleplayerschronicle.com/?p=38122

And Ken does an interview all about the setting:

http://destinationrpg.com/pirates-dragons-the-rpg/

Wooo

Post by Wooo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 pm

So, I see you just cancelled it!

I just want to wish you good luck for the relaunch of the project!

… Personally I have not been among the backers … Sad to state, but simply true. Among the reasons so far was that Kickstarter only accepts Amazon payments - and I only use Paypal :( (I wrote them already, never got an answer about that issue… Some projects use a workaround though!).

One idea I got is: While I love the titles I already know Cakebread & Walton already published, there are already several clones of a setting in the style of "Pirates of the Caribbean". I do really dig for dragons… but would somehow prefer a Welsh, Norse or even Slavic approach on them!! :D

Another question came up to me as I bought the core rulebook Clockwork & Chivalry a second time together with other titles in the Bundle of Holding some days ago… but could not find a single online link towards your current project on Kickstarter… ' just thought this would have been a chance to spread the word a bit broader… :!:

However: these are only some personal words, probably not a common opinion – except this one statement: Keep your heads up – and continue with your great work of inspiring and well researched books!

rednblack

Post by rednblack » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Wooo wrote:So, I see you just cancelled it!

I just want to wish you good luck for the relaunch of the project!

Keep your heads up – and continue with your great work of inspiring and well researched books!
Thanks Wooo :)

We've restructured the stretch goals and initial funding target and we'll be relaunching the Pirates & Dragons Kickstarter within the next few hours.

We weren't allowed to advertise the Kickstarter on Drivethru last time round, but this time we can - so hopefully the word will spread far and wide.