Dalek Dice Rule Questions

Questions and queries relating to the purchase of our products.
actionrob

Dalek Dice Rule Questions

Post by actionrob » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi there,

I have a few rule questions for Dalek Dice (there doesn't seem to be a dedicated forum for other Doctor Who games):

1) End of game: Rules say that game finishes at the end of the round when a player hits 60 during the round. Everywhere in the rulebook which discusses a "round" uses the term to refer just a single player's turn as far as I could see. However, the end of game section goes onto say that the highest score wins which doesn't make much sense with that interpretation. Is this an incorrect use of the term "round" here? (or incorrect definition of round elsewhere)

2) End of round scoring for "You choose to stop": When you choose to stop, do you only count Human and Dalek "Keeper" dice, or do you count all Human and Dalek dice faces at the time you choose to stop? The rules don't specify. I'm guessing the former but the latter would seem to be more interesting wrt decision making.

3) The examples have Peter shouting "EXTERMINATE" when he rolls only 1 Exterminate result but the rules only say to shout this when you get 3 of them? What's the intention here?

Many thanks,

Robert.

Jon Hodgson

Re: Dalek Dice Rule Questions

Post by Jon Hodgson » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:15 am

Hi Robert, answers from the designers below!
1) End of game: Rules say that game finishes at the end of the round when a player hits 60 during the round. Everywhere in the rulebook which discusses a "round" uses the term to refer just a single player's turn as far as I could see. However, the end of game section goes onto say that the highest score wins which doesn't make much sense with that interpretation. Is this an incorrect use of the term "round" here? (or incorrect definition of round elsewhere)
If a player’s score reaches 60 or more in the course of a round, the game ends as soon as all players have played the same number of rounds. Then, scores are compared and the player with the highest total wins.
2) End of round scoring for "You choose to stop": When you choose to stop, do you only count Human and Dalek "Keeper" dice, or do you count all Human and Dalek dice faces at the time you choose to stop? The rules don't specify. I'm guessing the former but the latter would seem to be more interesting wrt decision making.

You do not count all Human and Dalek dice faces, ONLY keepers.

(You roll the dice, you keep one or more dice as keepers as usual, then if there are still dice left you choose to stop and do not consider those dice that were left - and do not get the 5 points bonus for using all the dice).
3) The examples have Peter shouting "EXTERMINATE" when he rolls only 1 Exterminate result but the rules only say to shout this when you get 3 of them? What's the intention here?
That’s a mistake in the example. You shout Exterminate only when you get three of them.

Hope that helps!
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

actionrob

Post by actionrob » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:51 am

Many thanks for those answers - they all make sense.
My son and I love this game.

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:19 am

No problem at all, I'll pass that along to the designers!
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!