Should I be concerned?

Questions and queries relating to the purchase of our products.
Celebril

Should I be concerned?

Post by Celebril » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:04 pm

I ordered "The One Ring - Journeys and Maps" yesterday from the Cubicle7 store and within 5 minutes of paying for it I received a personal message to my forum account titled, "Working software for SEO - 2016" from someone registered in Russia. Basically, in their broken English they were asking for money. I haven't logged into my forum account in over a year so this is one really amazing coincidence or that person had access to some point in the order chain.

- Erik

Hermes Serpent

Re: Should I be concerned?

Post by Hermes Serpent » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:27 pm

I had one of those and I haven't ordered anything for several months. Th e Rusian spammers were erased very swiftly from the forums so they've moved on to spamming individuals.

So that wont do anything for their rankings in Google and most brits don't have any money now to buy software anyway. Its pointless but annoying.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Nick Robinson

Re: Should I be concerned?

Post by Nick Robinson » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - but it seems to be a coincidence.

Not had that particular email myself, but I have had some very similar on both my email accounts, not too often but fairly regularly. These spam mails are so prevalent, alas, that they do crop up.

If we had a large number of reports of this happening it would be a concern, but just the one (or even if it was a handful) is, I think, just a reflection of one of the many nasty little spambots hard at work in the world.