New One Ring book falling apart.

Questions and queries relating to the purchase of our products.
Ordo Barley Grub

Re: New One Ring book falling apart.

Post by Ordo Barley Grub » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:14 am

So is there any update on this? I emailed support but no reply and there dose not seam to be a sticky thread about this that was mentioned.

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Ordo Barley Grub wrote:So is there any update on this? I emailed support but no reply and there dose not seam to be a sticky thread about this that was mentioned.
Hi... I'm not a C7 employee but I do know that all/most of them were getting ready for, and are now, at a trade convention at the moment. Therefore, don't worry about the lack of reply; they are likely busy and will catch up with emails and the like upon their return.
TOR resources thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62
TOR miniatures thread: viewtopic.php?t=885

Fellowship of the Free Tale of Years: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8318

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:32 am

If you can drop Nick a line at info AT cubicle7.co.uk again today, he'll hopefully be able to get you sorted. If not, PM me.

Beran

Post by Beran » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:49 am

Well, kind of glad I didn't purchase a copy of the new book now. Hopefully this gets a quick and lasting fix.

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Beran wrote:Well, kind of glad I didn't purchase a copy of the new book now. Hopefully this gets a quick and lasting fix.
It's not a wide spread issue at all. Personally, I don't know anyone that has this kind of problem with their copies. There will nearly always be the occasional copy, or batch, of any book of this sort that has these kinds of issues. You really shouldn't be deciding to not buy something based on edge cases like this though; that's a pretty silly thing to do, especially as C7 always address it and make sure anyone experiencing such problems is taken care of.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:44 am

We've sold several thousand copies of the revised edition and had, say, a dozen reports of issues at most. That's a very, very small percentage indeed. Certainly not the sort of odds that should put you off, Beran.

Ghal Maraz

Post by Ghal Maraz » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Andrew, referring back to my previous post... As you know better than me how the book was made, could you give me some suggestions on how to amend it?

Ghal Maraz

Post by Ghal Maraz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Anyone?

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi Ghal Maraz -

If you need our help sorting out a replacement, that is something we can do - but it sounds like you have had that sorted. But I'm afraid we don't have the expertise to advise on actually fixing the binding of a book - such skills are beyond us. Sorry!

Rich H

Post by Rich H » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Ghal Maraz wrote:Andrew, referring back to my previous post... As you know better than me how the book was made, could you give me some suggestions on how to amend it?
Really good quality double-sided sticky tape all along the inside of the spine and press it back onto the pages and just use it as a roughed up table copy and keep your new one all hidden away and safe, like... ... The One Ring. ;)