New One Ring book falling apart.

Questions and queries relating to the purchase of our products.
Crusader3025

Re: New One Ring book falling apart.

Post by Crusader3025 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:51 pm

After sending this to your email contact address I went on the forums and found this thread. Since you guys were asking if others had issues I will post the message I sent:

I ordered a copy of the hardback rules from The War Store out of New York state US. When I got the book the cover was separated from the spine completely. The cover is only held on by glue front and back and not stitched on. I called the War Store to complain and they checked their stock and found the other books in a similar state. Needless to say none of us are happy with Cubicle 7 right now. You might want to look into this. I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael Hebert

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:44 am

Hi Michael,
Thanks for letting us know, and sorry to hear about your faulty copy of The One Ring.

We're all at a UK convention this weekend, but will be in touch to put this right as soon as we get back.
Jon Hodgson
Creative Director, Cubicle 7
Like us on Facebook!

Ghal Maraz

Post by Ghal Maraz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:16 am

Hi Jon!

The substitute copy I bought from you at C7 has finally arrived. ;)

Have you got any suggestion on how to try to amend the problem with the faulty copy I still have? (The one ordered from Amazon, I mean - I refer to the mail I sent you for the photos, it you still have them.)
Do you think it can be repaired without making the beautiful maps unreadable? (Mind you, I've already payed A LOT between the two Amazon shipments and the copy I ordered from you, so I wouldn't like to invest much more, if it all possible!)

Thank you so much.

Ordo Barley Grub

Post by Ordo Barley Grub » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Hello,

I just received my new copy of the revised edition and it is also falling apart the first time I opened it. The spine if coming apart from the rest of the book. It looks like the only thing holding the spine on is the page #2.

By the way the first printing of TOR, the slip case, also had binding issues. I had to have that replaced soon after I bought it also.

On a better note, all of the other supplements seem to be fine.

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:30 am

Thanks for letting us know.

This is now a known issue. Which is very frustrating for you and us, but as before we will be putting this right. We'll update with a sticky thread to give instructions on what to do if you do get a faulty copy.

So far this is a reoccurring but low level problem. It certainly isn't affecting all copies, but is nonetheless disappointing and inconvenient if it happens to you. If your copy of The One Ring Roleplyaing Game is faulty, please email us right away at info AT cubicle7.co.uk.

Please note this is a printer we ONLY use for The One Ring Core Rules. We haven't used them in any other publications, hence the problem being limited to core manuals.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

BobusX

Post by BobusX » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:45 pm

I just had mine fail too. It mostly sat on a shelf, and when I was leafing through it to prep for introducing it to my game group at the local game store, it felt weird. Further inspection revealed this damage.

BobusX

Post by BobusX » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:51 pm

I will say this, some duct tape has been an ugly, but effective repair so far. At least it was just the advert page that ripped apart.

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:17 pm

What form of binding was used for this book? Smyth sewing (sewing through the fold) would be ideal but I don't know what that would cost in terms of production.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Jon Hodgson

Post by Jon Hodgson » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 am

They were, of course, smyth sewn.

We're currently collecting data - if you have a faulty spine please do email us rather than posting in this thread, since posts can get more easily missed, and we want to replace any faulty manuals.

Equally on the flip side, we can't pass thread posts on to our partners that arranged the printing nor the printer themselves.
Jon Hodgson
Like us on Facebook!

Otaku-sempai

Post by Otaku-sempai » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Jon Hodgson wrote:They were, of course, smyth sewn.

We're currently collecting data - if you have a faulty spine please do email us rather than posting in this thread, since posts can get more easily missed, and we want to replace any faulty manuals.

Equally on the flip side, we can't pass thread posts on to our partners that arranged the printing nor the printer themselves.
Thanks for the reply. I've still got the slipcased, two-book set.

So it seems that the problem is where the pages attach to the cover, not the binding itself.
"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."