New One Ring book falling apart.

Questions and queries relating to the purchase of our products.
Ghal Maraz

Re: New One Ring book falling apart.

Post by Ghal Maraz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Andrew wrote:Hi Ghal Maraz -

If you need our help sorting out a replacement, that is something we can do - but it sounds like you have had that sorted. But I'm afraid we don't have the expertise to advise on actually fixing the binding of a book - such skills are beyond us. Sorry!

Hi, Andrew.
I have actually bought another new copy from you (C7), directly.
The faulty one is the copy I bought from Amazon and which I couldn't change (again, as this one is a replacement for another, more faulty copy!) because shipping back to US was too expensive.

So, as of now, I have:

- a faulty (but not completely ripped apart) copy bought from Amazon;
- a perfectly functional one I bought from you direct;
- the PDF (twice! :D because I've gone also for the The One Ring-Laketown Sourcebook-Tales from Wilderland hyper-bargain from DriveThruRPG 8-) );
- the first two-softback-volumes slipcased TOR: AOTEOFW edition.

It's not that I'm without a good copy! :lol: It's just I would like to be able to have all of them in the best condition (more for the fact that I've paid for them, than for anything else... I know, I know, I'm such a bad person!).

Alas, I guess I'll have to go for some tape, which will somehow ruin the visibility of the maps. And the look of the book. Le sigh.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:14 pm

If you haven't already done so, contact our customer services at info AT cubicle7.co.uk.

Oregon

Post by Oregon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Ordo Barley Grub wrote:Hello,

I just received my new copy of the revised edition and it is also falling apart the first time I opened it. The spine if coming apart from the rest of the book. It looks like the only thing holding the spine on is the page #2.

By the way the first printing of TOR, the slip case, also had binding issues. I had to have that replaced soon after I bought it also.

On a better note, all of the other supplements seem to be fine.
I started looking into this thread after I recently began having binding issues with my slipcase set of the core rules. While it is true that I have had the slipcase edition since shortly after its initial release, I have not begun using it in earnest until recently. The dice are even still in their original shrinkwrap, in the slideout tray. Recently I noticed the interior pages in the Adventurer's book were acting like they were getting ready to separate from the stitching, and last night the cover separated from the spine (glue). If you were to look at my set, you could easily believe it to be new/near mint as I have not used it much until recently. In fact, I still have yet to read through the Loremaster book.

I have ordered the new core rule book (as well as some supplements) and hope the binding issue does not continue.

Is Cubicle 7 using the same bindery for the new books that they used for the original slipcase set?

...edited to add: I guess I should have read the ENTIRE thread before posting. Sorry.
Thank You,
Oregon
your friend in the Pacific Northwest

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:52 pm

It is sometimes the case that the glue used dries out in air conditioned or otherwise unusual conditions and that may have contributed to your issue. I understand that C7 aren't using the original slipcase edition printer any longer or indeed for any other books of the line. I have had the books since the beginning and have only had the binding issue with the original slipcase edition which C7 were kind enough to replace.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Oregon

Post by Oregon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:44 am

I just received the new revised core rules (purchased from a retailer here in the U.S.) and the first thing I noticed upon opening the book is the beginning of separation of the pages from the spine on pages 2-3 of the book. By the looks of things, if I use this book much, the issue will increase in severity. This makes me a bit sad, as otherwise the book is beautiful. Is there no way to have such a book printed and bound so that it will handle the rigors of use while keeping the price point at or below $60 (us)?
Thank You,
Oregon

T.S. Luikart

Post by T.S. Luikart » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Oregon wrote:I just received the new revised core rules (purchased from a retailer here in the U.S.) and the first thing I noticed upon opening the book is the beginning of separation of the pages from the spine on pages 2-3 of the book. By the looks of things, if I use this book much, the issue will increase in severity. This makes me a bit sad, as otherwise the book is beautiful. Is there no way to have such a book printed and bound so that it will handle the rigors of use while keeping the price point at or below $60 (us)?
Hi Oregon - please send your name and address to info@cubicle7.co.uk - along with a brief note mentioning the above - and we'll sort out a replacement.
TS Luikart
Cubicle 7

Oregon

Post by Oregon » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:18 pm

T.S. Luikart wrote:
Oregon wrote:I just received the new revised core rules (purchased from a retailer here in the U.S.) and the first thing I noticed upon opening the book is the beginning of separation of the pages from the spine on pages 2-3 of the book. By the looks of things, if I use this book much, the issue will increase in severity. This makes me a bit sad, as otherwise the book is beautiful. Is there no way to have such a book printed and bound so that it will handle the rigors of use while keeping the price point at or below $60 (us)?
Hi Oregon - please send your name and address to info@cubicle7.co.uk - along with a brief note mentioning the above - and we'll sort out a replacement.
Thank you!

Email sent.
Thank You,
Oregon

T.S. Luikart

Post by T.S. Luikart » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Oregon - Got your email and you should have my response. Cheers! :D
TS Luikart
Cubicle 7