When and what is the next laundry suplement ?

There are things out there, in the weirder reaches of space-time where reality is an optional extra. Horrible things, usually with tentacles. Good thing there's a bureaucracy to deal with them. Based on the Laundry Files novels by Charles Stross. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-laundry/
wickeddarkman

Post by wickeddarkman » Mon May 08, 2017 10:25 am

Hermes Serpent

Re: When and what is the next laundry suplement ?

Post by Hermes Serpent » Mon May 08, 2017 11:17 am

If C7 do another Laundry supplement it could well be associated with last year's Nightmare Stacks, this year's Delirium Brief or perhaps more support for military or political games to compliment the material in As ABove, So Below.. Might be possible to squeeze another book of scenarios out of the series but as the plots of the books mimic Charlie's take on political and social events you wouldn't expect too much that crosses over from literature to the rpg.

Might be something that offers information about Case Nightmare Red, Case Nightmare Blue or Case Nightmare Yellow, the three Case Nightmare codes associated with existential anthropic events associated with extinction level outcomes.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

wickeddarkman

Post by wickeddarkman » Fri May 12, 2017 11:33 am

Have anyone in your organisation been set to scour all of stross's material for just about anything printable that could be put into use in new releases?

I usually read fantasy material with a notebook at my side, and you will be surprised how many things would actually be extracted from even a single book.

I remember having a discussion about how few monsters there are available in the materials released, and someone argued that monsters would a rare occurrence, so I recalled several examples of things bob howard had encountered in astrocity archives alone in the first adventure.

I think one thing that could be done, would be to comb the books.
I'd like to see the monstermanual expanded with vampires unicorns and ice giants (hitler-dimension)

ewb21

Post by ewb21 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:53 am

Sadly I have a feeling the Laundry is now a dormant product line and we will not see any more supplements especially with the new Warhammer games coming along occupying Cubicle 7 focus.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:37 am

Actually I spoke with the team yesterday at UK Games Expo and although their collective eye has been on some other lines recently (AiME) and they are working on a different set of books for the next six months (WHFRP) I was promised more Laundry material either at the end of this year or early next. It takes a bit of coordination between Charlie Stross writing a Laundry series book, the team getting a copy (even an advance copy), a brief being written and sent out to authors for material and those outlines being reviewed and approved. On a slightly different note I was told that a couple of adventures/scenarios for another product line once submitted had not been up to scratch and the space allocated had to be restructured to provide some background material and a series of plot hooks to replace those few pages of scenario material.

So what avid fans need to do is write up Laundry material and use the incredible small press tools now available to promote the genre/series on the 'net. Write scenarios, background material, plot hooks and submit it to fanzines, forums (here for example), write blogposts, in fact do everything to raise the profile of the series and C7 may put your name on a list somewhere for the job of writing up material for a new 'official' supplement.

This is what I was doing 25 or more years ago, writing a web site, pushing material, running a play by post game and generally prosetelyzing about a product line that I was very interested in and as a result got to provide material for several supplements. You'll see my real name on several Chivalry and Sorcery books from Britannia Game Design. I provided support and assistance on the hacking material in Hamish Cameron's recent PbtA RPG The Sprawl as in the early 90's I was providing computer security for NASA in the early days of ARPANet's transition to the World Wide Web - before there were browsers I was working things like Archie and Veronica, early admin tools, and writing stuff for various security add-ins (PGP) for early email apps. Now I write stuff about playing a hacker.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon