The Five Eyes

There are things out there, in the weirder reaches of space-time where reality is an optional extra. Horrible things, usually with tentacles. Good thing there's a bureaucracy to deal with them. Based on the Laundry Files novels by Charles Stross. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-laundry/
Beran

The Five Eyes

Post by Beran » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:40 pm

This question is probably pretty obvious if you have a book handy, which I do not. So, I'll ask anyway. I was wondering are the FVEYs of the OCCINT world represented? You have The Laundry (UK) and The Black Chamber (US)...are Australia, Canada, and New Zealand also covered?

Hermes Serpent

Re: The Five Eyes

Post by Hermes Serpent » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:28 am

Yes. I don't remember which book but those OCCINT agencies are certainly mentioned - it might be Agents Handbook rather than the core rulebook though.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

SBRPearce

Re: The Five Eyes

Post by SBRPearce » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Core Rulebook, pp. 121-122 (with additions of my own)

Canadian Secret Unconventional Intelligence Service - Ostensibly "friendly cousins" of the Laundry's, but we don't trust them much because they share an enormously long, minimally-defended border with the Land of the Black Chamber. The Canadians rarely operate outside their own borders...

Australian Secret Intelligence Organisation - Again, mostly concerned with national OCCDEF at home, the Aussies are sitting on the only known OLD DREAMER sites on the planet, and support a fair amount of research into that incredibly ancient race's still-lost secrets. And they sometimes share with the Mother Country, and they at least sometimes let us use their wide-open spaces to test the kind of dreadful awfulness that Britain itself is too small to light off in our own back garden. The British Independent Nuclear Deterrent was tested at Emu River and Maralinga in the late 1950s and early 1960s. The OCCCAP [occult capability] PANGLOSS test series ran at Hackleford Drift in the Western Australian desert in the late 1960s, until PANGLOSS ULTIMA accidentally erased several square kilometres of Hackleford from this reality, although we do hope they may eventually reappear someday. We can't understand why the Aussies are still twitchy about the ULTIMA Incident - it was nearly fifty years ago. Water under the bridge, old chaps...

Domestic and External Security Group - New Zealand's DESG apparently punches well above their weight for such a small country vis a vis surveillance and shadowing of Deep Ones activities in the Pacific Ocean. The Royal Navy's semi-official efforts along those lines are based out of HMNZS Philomel, the Royal New Zealand Navy's base on Aukland's North Shore. The Kiwis had their own Innsmouth-type event at Port Pegasus in the 1930s, and that lesson has apparently been handed down from one government to the next, to good effect. Add the fact that we never (well, hardly ever) tested poorly-understood WMDs on their soil, and the result is that they still get along pretty well with the Laundry.