Still begging for larger compendiums!

There are things out there, in the weirder reaches of space-time where reality is an optional extra. Horrible things, usually with tentacles. Good thing there's a bureaucracy to deal with them. Based on the Laundry Files novels by Charles Stross. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-laundry/
wickeddarkman

Still begging for larger compendiums!

Post by wickeddarkman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:46 am

I still long for a large monster manual and a large artisfact/equipment manual for "the laundry"

It's a clasic salestechnique that you make a rulesbook, then follow up with a monster manual and a tome of items, and hundreds of rpg games have followed this recipy.

There's a reason why they do that you know...

So far I've bought 8 "the laundry" gamebooks and the rulesbook, and it cost me some danish kroner to do that.
However, I've actually spent far more money (total of 400dk more than I spent on your stuff) on another game company because converting their monsters and items into laundry material is not that difficult. (And I'm actually not talking coc!)

Lacking the usual follow ups I've been forced to turn to the competition. (Just think about that)

People with a hobby spend money on that hobby, so produce these wonderfully needed books.
I know that your gametesters have the material for this, as lots of insinuations are put between your pages.
(For example the spawning wine of ubbo-sathla's is mentioned but not described enough for game use)

My players have accepted a conversion of material, but all of us would prefer to base the scenarios on cubicle7 material! (Isn't that your own preferrence?)

So in the glorious light of capitalism, go for my money and defeat the opposition!

wickeddarkman

Re: Still begging for larger compendiums!

Post by wickeddarkman » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:31 am

And now I'm begging AND kneeling!!!

Anna Noack

Post by Anna Noack » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:52 pm

wickeddarkman wrote:I still long for a large monster manual and a large artisfact/equipment manual for "the laundry"

It's a clasic salestechnique that you make a rulesbook, then follow up with a monster manual and a tome of items, and hundreds of rpg games have followed this recipy.

There's a reason why they do that you know...

So far I've bought 8 "the laundry" gamebooks and the rulesbook, and it cost me some danish kroner to do that.
However, I've actually spent far more money (total of 400dk more than I spent on your stuff) on another game company because converting their monsters and items into laundry material is not that difficult. (And I'm actually not talking coc!)

Lacking the usual follow ups I've been forced to turn to the competition. (Just think about that)

People with a hobby spend money on that hobby, so produce these wonderfully needed books.
I know that your gametesters have the material for this play Lord of the ocean, as lots of insinuations are put between your pages.
(For example the spawning wine of ubbo-sathla's is mentioned but not described enough for game use)

My players have accepted a conversion of material, but all of us would prefer to base the scenarios on cubicle7 material! (Isn't that your own preferrence?)

So in the glorious light of capitalism, go for my money and defeat the opposition!
Great thoughts!
If you can't fly then run. If you can't run then walk. If you can't walk then crawl. Whatever you do, keep moving forward.

wickeddarkman

Post by wickeddarkman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Yeah, nice thoughts, but "they" are deaf!

sleepydude

Post by sleepydude » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Since the format is based on the Call of Cthulhu RPG, why not just use their bestiary?

wickeddarkman

Post by wickeddarkman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:40 pm

Due to legal complications :D

There's also the flavor of the specific universe the laundry exists in.