Has anyone used the psychic rules?

There are things out there, in the weirder reaches of space-time where reality is an optional extra. Horrible things, usually with tentacles. Good thing there's a bureaucracy to deal with them. Based on the Laundry Files novels by Charles Stross. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-laundry/
thorr-kan

Has anyone used the psychic rules?

Post by thorr-kan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:08 pm

I'm curious how they played out.

wickeddarkman

Re: Has anyone used the psychic rules?

Post by wickeddarkman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:14 am

I've used psychics in other games, so I knew how to implement the rules.
The important thing to remember is that even among laundry workers psychics are rarely encountered, and that psychic cultists are even much rarer unless they are connected with a mental diety.

So the role of psychics should generally be low and consist of being the surprise element.

Psychic networks should be filled with frauds, making some great scenarios possible through hidining the villain among other villains :D

thorr-kan

Post by thorr-kan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 pm

I was more interested in how these rules worked in play versus other CoC psionic variants, like Delta Green.

Cross dimensional refugees haven't cross my mind. Nope. Not at all.

wickeddarkman

Post by wickeddarkman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:22 pm

I usually mingle new rules with old rules, so my psychics rules are neither coc nor laundry.

Crossdimensional refugees (or dimensional beings settling on earth in general) are referred to as "dimigrants" in my game :D

thorr-kan

Post by thorr-kan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 pm

wickeddarkman wrote:I usually mingle new rules with old rules, so my psychics rules are neither coc nor laundry.

Crossdimensional refugees (or dimensional beings settling on earth in general) are referred to as "dimigrants" in my game :D
"Dimigrants"

I like that one.

Anybody else used the rules?