Tech Question

There are things out there, in the weirder reaches of space-time where reality is an optional extra. Horrible things, usually with tentacles. Good thing there's a bureaucracy to deal with them. Based on the Laundry Files novels by Charles Stross. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-laundry/
Brin5Dorsai

Tech Question

Post by Brin5Dorsai » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:03 pm

In regards to smart phones and laptops casting spells, I understand that generally smartphones have a POW of 12 and other types will have different amounts of POW.

However, I cannot seem to find out what happens when a player casts a spell via a smartphone. Does the phone only cast one spell and then, its battery is dead? Can the player cast more than one spell?

I saw that one spell before the battery is drained in another question on this forum but I cannot find anything in the books that discusses it. Please let me know what the answer is.

Mytholder

Re: Tech Question

Post by Mytholder » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:12 pm

You can cast as many spells as you want, but your phone can only handle one spell at a time - if you're using it to generate a ward, you can't use it to cast a banishing spell at the same time. Battery draining is an issue (computational demonology hogs the battery worse than Angry Birds), but that's more of a dramatic pacing matter than a hard-and-fast rule.
Gareth Hanrahan
Line Developer - Laundry Files

Brin5Dorsai

Post by Brin5Dorsai » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks! To make sure that I am understanding you correctly, I can cast a banishing spell and once it ends, I can then cast a ward if needed as long as I have power for the phone.

Mytholder

Post by Mytholder » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Exactly. One app at a time, no multitasking.
Gareth Hanrahan
Line Developer - Laundry Files