Case Nightmare Green

There are things out there, in the weirder reaches of space-time where reality is an optional extra. Horrible things, usually with tentacles. Good thing there's a bureaucracy to deal with them. Based on the Laundry Files novels by Charles Stross. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-laundry/
Brin5Dorsai

Case Nightmare Green

Post by Brin5Dorsai » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Has there been an official reason within the game for why this did not occur during 2013 as predicted? I just picked up the game at Origins and will be running it. I can think of a few ways to get around this but I was wondering what other people have done.

Hermes Serpent

Re: Case Nightmare Green

Post by Hermes Serpent » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:05 am

You might want to read Charlie's novels as they give the background to the game.

CNG is already happening.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

Mytholder

Post by Mytholder » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Yeah - we're into the early stages of CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN already. The sleepers are stirring in their vaults, and the stars move towards a horrible rightness.
Gareth Hanrahan
Line Developer - Laundry Files

Brin5Dorsai

Post by Brin5Dorsai » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks! I have read the first two books but have not started on the rest. It should be a great ride.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:31 pm

My notes about the publishing dates of material in the books based on both the published material and hints and things in Charlie's blog.

Atrocity Archives 2004 + Concrete Jungle
Jennifer Morgue 2006 + Pimpf
Down on the Farm 2008
Overtime 2009
Fuller Memorandum 2010
Apocalypse Codex 2012
novella "Equoid" on Tor.com September 2013
Rhesus Chart July 1st 2014
The Armageddon Score - written for Summer 2015 (blog posts February 24, April 11, 2014) Charlie notes "it's told by Mo, not Bob, and concerns matters of law enforcement, would-be superheroes, and the stolen score for a violin operetta called "The King in Yellow"".
"The Armageddon Score" overlaps with the last week of "The Rhesus Chart" (both take place a year or thereabouts after "The Apocalypse Codex"). Note: "The Rhesus Chart" is told by Bob. "The Armageddon Score" is told by Mo. (Blog May 20, 2014)
Book number 7) no title yet (could be The Nightmare Stacks) and won't be written before 2015. The plan is for it to be narrated by a new character (you'll get to meet Alex in "The Rhesus Chart"): who gets the happy fun job of dealing with Elves. Elves in the Laundry Files universe are about as friendly as unicorns: only they're more numerous, better organized, and they drive tanks ... (blog post February 24, 2014)
Book number 8) Also note that I have tentative plot plans for Laundry Files #8. After the events of #7, the Laundry can no longer be kept out of the public gaze (yes, those events are drastic) so it comes under public -- and parliamentary -- scrutiny. And the government of the day does exactly what any British government in the past third of a century has done when it discovers an over-manned, feather-bedded civil service department with a large budget and hazy responsibilities: it sets it up for privatization. (Right in the middle of CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN.) And guess who's bidding for the outsourcing contracts? (Eight letters, begins with "Cult-".)
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon