Future system for Cthulhu ranges?

There are things out there, in the weirder reaches of space-time where reality is an optional extra. Horrible things, usually with tentacles. Good thing there's a bureaucracy to deal with them. Based on the Laundry Files novels by Charles Stross. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-laundry/
thorr-kan

Re: Future system for Cthulhu ranges?

Post by thorr-kan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:31 pm

fritsk wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:08 pm
Will you go OGL d100'ish like what has happened with Delta Green so things are somewhat compatible or will you be doing something completely new and original?
I'm sorry to hear that Chaosium's system won't be used for future releases. I was looking forward to seeing how it dealt with the superpowers of The Annihilation Score.

dstack1776

Post by dstack1776 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:04 pm

While I'm not certain it would work for the World War Cthulhu or other Lovecraftian lines, for the Laundry I think it could make for a great Fate-based game, possibly using Fate Accelerated, similar to the Dresden Files Accelerated version. Not that I'd complain about a d100 variant, as BRP is probably my favorite system. I wonder if some variant of Mythras might be the way to go for that.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:31 pm

No way that a Fate option is on the table. For backwards compatibility it will be a D100 variant.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon

RPGperik

Post by RPGperik » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Hermes Serpent wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:31 pm
No way that a Fate option is on the table. For backwards compatibility it will be a D100 variant.
phew!
it is = it's | you are = you're | they are = they're

RPGbericht (Dutch)