Tian Xia 1: Xianyang

Discover the mysteries of this acclaimed French RPG from 7th Circle games. Adventure in a world inspired by historical detail and martial arts action. You are already a Hero—become a Legend. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/qin/
skywalker

Re: Tian Xia 1: Xianyang

Post by skywalker » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:31 pm

I didn't say I was unable to enjoy these lines. They are, as said, excellent.

My comment was that the fact that the four lines seem to move slower than most comparable RPG (which are written and designed from scratch) has a negative impact in terms of attracting players, which in turn, no doubt, impacts sales. It also concerns me that the issue seems to be getting worse than better, as delays between releases grow not shorten.
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." - Thorin Oakenshield

Corone

Post by Corone » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:07 pm

All I can assure you is that it is getting better, but that still means delays.
It is true it takes less time to get the art and layout together,
but as art is usually done as a book is written we gain little extra time.
Translation takes a lot longer than writing from scratch as every word needs to be checked,
and using a team of translators means they have to coordinate their word choices to make the books consistent.

We are catching up to the French gradually, and Yggdrasill has caught up a lot, especially since its supplements are smaller. We are getting close with Tian Xia though and hope to have some news in the near future.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Cool. Thanks for the responses.
"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after." - Thorin Oakenshield

Dulahan

Post by Dulahan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:50 pm

So, 9 months since the last update... anything more? No peep out of Gen Con either.

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:57 pm

Its also not even on the list of projects that C7 is working on currently in the recent update, despite the inclusion of books from all of the other 7eme Cercle lines. :(

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:02 am

Take that as a sign of a long list getting out of hand rather than the status of the next Qin supplement, which we will comment on when we're ready to.

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:02 am

As understandable as the standard C7 response is to deal with most questions, the situation with Qin unfortunately pretty clearly speaks for itself at this stage regardless.

Dulahan

Post by Dulahan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Agreed. Corone said news in the Near Future... in early December. Near Future is long past at this point. And with all the new French games being brought in too - when Qin seems to take ages for some reason, it really makes it seem like Qin really isn't a high priority instead of there being problems with the translations. And if that's the case? Sure. It's fine, heck, would even be nice to know if it won't be finished. But seriously, I've been wanting the rest of this line for years - I bought the Corebook when it was originally released, I love this game.

though seriously speaking? In the timeframe we've been waiting for this book (Let alone the one that most Wuxia fans I know really want, Shaolin et Wudang)? I've {b]learned[/b] French, enough to read at least. So I was able to buy Shaolin et Wudang. Unfortunately, no one else can I game with, so they don't get a lot of use from it, and that makes it very hard to run. Let alone find someone to run a game (which is what I'd prefer)

Any chance something like a Kickstarter might actually help speed along the process? Because seriously, I think it would do well, and the fanbase would support it. But this is a game people are almost forgetting about stuff takes so long.

And more blatantly honest? I'm not even that excited about the coming book, I want it yes, but more because I want the rest of the line to come out than anything. I can find plenty of good and well readable sourcebooks on the Qin Unification to come up with adventures myself (I'm not really a published adventure fan). It's the rest of the Wuxia Goodness I want!

skywalker

Post by skywalker » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:00 am

I have speculated before, but I am guessing that the translation team(s) that would be working on Qin are instead working on Kuro, Keltia and Yggdrasil. Those lines are probably seen as more profitable as they are newer, didn't have the initial delays that Qin had that hurts its reception, and didn't have corebooks that were sold previously via a different entity.

I am not sure why a shift in priority is necessarily a matter that needs to be kept secret, but that is C7's prerogative I guess. I can only hope that with Kuro close to being finished and Yggdrasil and Keltia close to being caught up, attention might shift back to Qin. However, given that next year is Qin's 10th anniversary in English, it will be difficult to raise interest in it regardless at this point, and C7 is acting like it agrees with that.

Hermes Serpent

Post by Hermes Serpent » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:45 am

I suspect that the translation 'team' may be one or two people who have full time jobs and do the translation in their spare time. They may not even be professional translators just folks who have a grasp of French sufficient to turns the books into English.
Some TOR Information on my G+ Drive.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"The One Ring's not a computer game, dictated by stats and inflexible rules, it's a story telling game." - Clawless Dragon