Qin Newbie - A Few Questions

Discover the mysteries of this acclaimed French RPG from 7th Circle games. Adventure in a world inspired by historical detail and martial arts action. You are already a Hero—become a Legend. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/qin/
YingJanshi

Qin Newbie - A Few Questions

Post by YingJanshi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:32 am

Hello, picked up a copy of Qin off Amazon the other day, and I have to say, I am mightily impressed. Both the quality of the writing and of the book itself is superb. (To be honest that is really why I bought it, hardly ever have time to play RPGs or even my first love, BattleTech anymore.)

But I have a bit of a queasy feeling: I have this unnerving habit of discovering games right before (or more often) right after their sad demise. (I'm looking at you Crimson Skies & Leviathans.) So my main question is this: is Qin still alive? The last product I see on the game's page is "The Art of War", where it is stated as a Pre-Order. However I have seen it up on Amazon for sale (which, I know doesn't really mean anything). Has this been released?
(And looking over the forums...doesn't really give much hope either...)

And one other thing, are there any plans to have a Yin/Yang dice set produced (like what Green Ronin did with Dragon Dice for their Dragon Age game)? If not, what do you guys do for dice? I looked online for dice with Chinese numbers, but only found them in white. (If anyone knows where I can get some, please let me know.)

And finally...what type of campaigns do you favor? Masters of Wushu? Officials in State bureaucracy? Travelling exorcists? Merchants? House conscripts, rising through the ranks? Personally what has caught my eye is the "Scribes of Wen Chang", being adventurers working for them would be a very interesting and fun campaign (definitely worthy of a supplement dedicated just to them).

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Qin Newbie - A Few Questions

Post by Andrew » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:10 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums (and to Qin!).

The Art of War is out in both PDF and print - you can find it on our webstore here.

There are more things for Qin in the works, including a campaign - keep an eye on the website for more information. And, in the meantime, enjoy the core rulebook and supplements that are out already!

We don't have any plans for dice at the moment - when I play I just use a nice black and a nice white d10 with normal numbers on.

When we play, our group are travelling 'judges' working for the local bureaucrat. We wander around from town to town and solve people's arguments and disputes!

Bobspldbakwords

Post by Bobspldbakwords » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Hey, to answer the dice question these are what my group use, Japanese and Chinese basic numbers are written the same way.

White: http://www.amazon.com/Q-Workshop-Dice-J ... anese+dice

Black: http://www.amazon.com/Q-Workshop-Dice-J ... anese+dice

YingJanshi

Post by YingJanshi » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:33 pm

Cool, a judges campaign seems pretty fun. Sort of Detective Di? :D

And thanks for the dice links! Those were exactly what I was looking for! :)

xthawx

Post by xthawx » Thu May 21, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm also a Qin newbie. I've noticed that most of the supplements appear to be out of stock at the moment (manage to snag a GM's screen from my locale store) - any plans for reprints coming out in the near future?

Bobspldbakwords

Post by Bobspldbakwords » Thu May 21, 2015 10:20 pm

You can also check on Amazon for some Qin books if their store is out of stock atm.

xthawx

Post by xthawx » Fri May 22, 2015 11:01 am

It's really the bestiary I'm looking for - that appears to be out of stock at Amazon (UK) at the moment and most other online stores.

Corone

Post by Corone » Fri May 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Have you checked our webstore?

I'm not privy to our stock levels, but going to the source is always worth a try :)
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

cg4unix

Post by cg4unix » Fri May 22, 2015 3:11 pm

Andrew, the webstore reports that the bestiary is out of stock.