Party members and storylines?

Discover the mysteries of this acclaimed French RPG from 7th Circle games. Adventure in a world inspired by historical detail and martial arts action. You are already a Hero—become a Legend. Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/qin/
Anathar

Party members and storylines?

Post by Anathar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:40 pm

I've run through 8 four hour sessions of a scenario with some of my club members and was curious to see how other player party's have been made up, and what type of scenarios you are running?

Ours at the StevenageGamers currently has the following -

1 x Jiangshi
2 x Thieves
1 x Magistrate
1 x Hunter
1 x Entertainer

The party leader is a Magistrate character (I believe he is based on a young Detective Dee type) and the scenarios have involved their adventures (mishaps, some involving supernatural creatures) whilst pursuing 2 fugitives from a murder scene from a small farmhouse on the road to Nao, and so far they are just in the mountains south of Linzi.

Look forward to reading what other GM's have come up with ;)

kairos

Re: Party members and storylines?

Post by kairos » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:08 pm

I've done it slightly sandboxy in which one of the PCs was a rather well-known exorcist and the others were his entourage (ex-soldier, wuxia, courtesan/assassin). They wandered the land dealing with supernatural threats while Qin waged war on its neighbors.

In another game, the PCs were war-orphans who swore youthful oaths to get revenge on the warlords who destroyed their village. Years later, having built new and varied lives, one of their fellows calls upon them to make good on their revenge. I complicated the revenge plot of course so that a straight up killing wasn't necessarily the vest or only choice -- one of the PCs even "dueled" his nemesis by making superior pottery, thus ruining his enemy's overblown reputation before a valuable patron.

Good times. :)

Anathar

Post by Anathar » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:36 pm

@ Kairos - Sounds like you had some really cool games :-)

kairos

Post by kairos » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:29 pm

I've had really good luck with players. :)