Furor question

Yggdrasil – the Lands of the North is a game of exciting adventure in a detailed and fascinating setting. Become a hero in the Scandia of legend – intrigue, combat, quests, magic and mythic creatures await...! Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/yggdrasill/
Heimer

Furor question

Post by Heimer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:58 am

Hi

I have a quick question regarding Furor.

As I understand it, you do you test i.e. a combat test and then afterward you roll your Furor dice(s) and add them to the result?

If your attack roll ended on say 20 and you roll a 5 and a 10 on your 2 furor dice then what happens?

Does the 10 explode and you keep rolling? do you add them both together and then add them to the attackroll?

Thank you :)

Eirvit

Re: Furor question

Post by Eirvit » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:36 pm

I'm not the crunchiest of GMs, and I'm sure others might know better than I, but I'll give this a try.

First, establishing context:

It seems clear that your question is in regards to a specific combat situation only, and the PC therefore must be a Berserker (or a variant), since you indicate that TWO Furor dice are being rolled (with most anyone else only ONE can be used; spellcasters can use more, but only for spells).

As long as these conditions are met, yes, I think you are doing it exactly right. In cases where tens DO NOT explode, I think it usual that the rule book specifies this as an exception to the rule.

So in this situation any one or more of the two furor dice could keep exploding until they stop.

BUT, don't forget that this case applies only to the Berserker, and the Berserker MUST use another two furor dice (or more) on the very next combat action (and must in fact take one once per round), unless the character manages to end the berserk.

Corone

Post by Corone » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:25 pm

The thing to remember with Furor as well,
is that you keep what the furor dice roll, not increase how many of the 'best rolls' you can keep.
So you can roll them together as long as you know which is which.

Lets say you roll 3 dice plus 1 furor dice.
You roll 4, 6, 7, and roll 1 on the Furor.
Normally you keep the 2 best and add the furor, but that doesn't mean you keep the best 3.
So you keep the 6, 7 and the 1 for 14, not 4, 6, 7 for 17
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

Heimer

Post by Heimer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:49 am

Thank you for clearing that up for me :)