Ambidexterity & 2-weapon fighting

Yggdrasil – the Lands of the North is a game of exciting adventure in a detailed and fascinating setting. Become a hero in the Scandia of legend – intrigue, combat, quests, magic and mythic creatures await...! Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/yggdrasill/
Corone

Re: Ambidexterity & 2-weapon fighting

Post by Corone » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Theo wrote: You just lost me when you said "But a lack of ambidexterity means you don't get the bonus a 'better handed' character would get." I didn't get what you mean. Wich bonus?
Ah. What I meant was that, instead of there being a penalty for using an off hand,
a non ambidextrous character just doesn't get the bonus for having ambidexterity.
So ambidexterity doesn't overcome a disadvantage, but instead offers an advantage.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

Theo

Re: Ambidexterity & 2-weapon fighting

Post by Theo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:32 pm

Corone wrote:
Theo wrote: You just lost me when you said "But a lack of ambidexterity means you don't get the bonus a 'better handed' character would get." I didn't get what you mean. Wich bonus?
Ah. What I meant was that, instead of there being a penalty for using an off hand,
a non ambidextrous character just doesn't get the bonus for having ambidexterity.
So ambidexterity doesn't overcome a disadvantage, but instead offers an advantage.

Good point, I totally agree with you