The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Yggdrasil – the Lands of the North is a game of exciting adventure in a detailed and fascinating setting. Become a hero in the Scandia of legend – intrigue, combat, quests, magic and mythic creatures await...! Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/yggdrasill/
JohnK

Re: The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Post by JohnK » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Hullo, folks,

I thought I'd get this thread back on topic, and so...

I've posted up photos of the French GM Screen over on my blog. Here's the URL:

http://jkahane.livejournal.com/1181531.html

I can answer questions for anyone who wants to ask stuff about the GM Screen, if folks like.
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:40 am

JohnK,

Thanks for the pics. I believe I will take the plunge and order it up this weekend. I do have a French/English dictionary and I am not afraid to use it!

Erik

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:45 am

Heathd666,

There would be something amusing about dropping a band of Norseman into Briton...

Corone,

Keltia sounds very Bernard Cornwall-esque! That would be a good thing as I really enjoyed his Arthurian novels.

Erik

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:28 am

Hullo, ErikG,
ErikG wrote:JohnK,
Thanks for the pics. I believe I will take the plunge and order it up this weekend. I do have a French/English dictionary and I am not afraid to use it!
Erik
The pics were my pleasure, Erik. :)

And trust me, I may speak and read/write fluent French (part of my job), but I still use a dictionary and or French thesaurus from time to time! :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK

Corone

Post by Corone » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:26 am

heathd666 wrote:ive read somewhere mayby the old forum that keltia and yggdrassill use the same system so there will be very little tinkering to port yggdrassil characters into the land of keltia and vice versus correct? for example a band of characters from yggdrassil go to keltia and form with some heroes there for the good of all against a greater evil.
This is true, Keltia does use the same system as Yggdrasill.
Although there is only one form of magic (Awen) that runs much like Seidr.
There are new combat feats etc too.

You could bring the two worlds together very easily in terms of system.
(and some of the spells and feats might be useful for more ideas from one to the other)
but I believe the timelines are quite different as one is set a lot earlier than the other.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

Beran

Post by Beran » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:29 am

As I haven't seen any info on the dating of when Keltia is set but with Rome leaving Britain in 410AD (I will assume it is set around that time +/- a few years) and Yggsdrasill being set in the Viking Age 793-1066AD there is a bit of a time gap of about 383 years between the two games. This is, of course, if you want to keep as close to history as the games will allow.

So, just that I understand the plan with Keltia the first supplement (Avalon or AvYr Hen Ogledd (Vieux Nord)?) and the Rule Book are being translated fairly close to each other right now. Which should allow for a fairly quick release schedule after the main book hits the streets?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Wonderful pictures of the screen, JohnK! Thanks for sharing. ;)
I hope the english version may come in the same quality.

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Hullo, Pablo,
Pablo wrote:Wonderful pictures of the screen, JohnK! Thanks for sharing. ;)
I hope the english version may come in the same quality.
Oh, I expect that the English version of the GM Screen will look just as nice and pretty. But in English! :)

JohnK

Corone

Post by Corone » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Beran wrote: So, just that I understand the plan with Keltia the first supplement (Avalon or AvYr Hen Ogledd (Vieux Nord)?) and the Rule Book are being translated fairly close to each other right now. Which should allow for a fairly quick release schedule after the main book hits the streets?
As with all the lines we're looking to bring out everything as quickly as possible,
but thats all the scheduling comment I'm willing to make at this stage.

Avalon is the first supplement, continuing the adventure and adding more monsters and magic.
Yr Henn Ogledd (subtitled 'view from the north') is all about the lands of the north and also continues the campaign.
Both books are about the same size as Nine Worlds.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:32 pm

GM Screen ordered from Le Valet in Montreal. Looking forward to seeing it and translating it to the best of my (and by my I mean Google Translations) ability!

Erik