The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Yggdrasil – the Lands of the North is a game of exciting adventure in a detailed and fascinating setting. Become a hero in the Scandia of legend – intrigue, combat, quests, magic and mythic creatures await...! Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/yggdrasill/
JohnK

Re: The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Post by JohnK » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Hullo, Andy,
Corone wrote:
JohnK wrote: There's a 16-page booklet that includes lots of details and legends about the "minor" deities; legendary and unique objects, weapons, and other stuff; the Calendar used by the Men of Scandia; and important NPCs and synopses that allow the GM to present them to the Player Characters.

I was hoping that the stuff on the minor deities and the Calendar would have done up in Nine Worlds, but that is not the case. :(
Actually, all of that except the calender (which felt better suited to Kings of the Sea) is in Nine Worlds.
Possibly merged so seamlessly you didn't spot it :)

Legendary items are in the Dvaegar section, minor gods are found in Asgard and the appendix Fjorir (4 in 'norse') details the 4 NPCs.
Oops, you are quite right, all of that is in the book. Forgot about it 'cause there's soooooo much good stuff in the book! :)

The real regret is that the Norse calendar isn't included in the book, and I would have though a book about the Nine Worlds would have been fitting for that. Add to that the fact that folks might have wanted to use the Norse calendar in their games and...

Any chance of seeing that article at any point, Andy? Would really like to be using it in my campaign(s). :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Corone

Post by Corone » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:27 am

Yup, the calender article will appear in Kings of the Sea.
Nothing is ever wasted!
It made sense to put it there with navigating and travel.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:10 pm

JohnK,

I cannot say I am all for waiting for an indeterminate amount of time for the screen either. Where did you find the French version of the screen for sale that will actually ship to Canada? I know it will be a serious chunk of change, but I agree with you that a screen really would be helpful! That and the art on it is pretty sweet...

Nine Worlds is excellent, as you say. I am looking forward to the print version!

Erik

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Hullo, Andy,
Corone wrote:Yup, the calender article will appear in Kings of the Sea. Nothing is ever wasted!
I suppose. :)
Corone wrote: It made sense to put it there with navigating and travel.
Maybe so, but... How long until that book sees the light of day? Maybe sometime in 2015, if we're lucky. That's a long wait to get the information on the Norse calendar. Motivates me all the more to pick up the French Ecran.
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Is there no chance that the Kings of the Seas will be published in 2014?

Erik

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Hullo, ErikG,
ErikG wrote:JohnK,

I cannot say I am all for waiting for an indeterminate amount of time for the screen either. Where did you find the French version of the screen for sale that will actually ship to Canada? I know it will be a serious chunk of change, but I agree with you that a screen really would be helpful! That and the art on it is pretty sweet...
I know that the French company, 7ieme Cercle, will actually ship to Canada, and their price was relatively reasonable (except for the shipping).

The other place that I would try is Le Valet d'Coeur gaming store in Montreal. I got my French GM Screen from the, though I don't know if they currently have any copies of that. (You can also get the rest of the French line that's available from them, too.)
ErikG wrote: Nine Worlds is excellent, as you say. I am looking forward to the print version!
Erik
Same here! :)

JohnK

Corone

Post by Corone » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:58 am

JohnK wrote:
Maybe so, but... How long until that book sees the light of day? Maybe sometime in 2015, if we're lucky. That's a long wait to get the information on the Norse calendar. Motivates me all the more to pick up the French Ecran.
Unless you are planning an adventure based around farming,
the Calender detail is not really essential information (especially when we still use most of it today.) :)

I'm a little disappointed that barely days after releasing a new book we're back to 'when's the next one out'.
We are already working on Kings of the Sea but it is far too early to start predicting a release date.
However, we are obviously doing our best to get it out as soon as we can and I would hope to see it before the end of the this year.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Corone,

It is only because we are craving more that we are asking about the next thing already! It is a great game and the latest Nine Worlds is a fantastic add to it! I love the fact that there is a campaign that is running through the books. Will it continue through the rest of the releases?

Erik

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:27 pm

JohnK,

I checked Le Valet online but they did not seem to have Yggdrasill anywhere to be found on the site. I tried to order from 7ieme but the automated order processing it said that they could not ship here - I sent an email to them seeing if that is really the case. It is not easy getting a hold of one of these! I do not know what the charts look like on the inside, but the cover looks great! I am counting on my, rather poor, high school level French to be able to use it...

Erik

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Hullo, Andy,
Corone wrote:
JohnK wrote:
Unless you are planning an adventure based around farming, the Calender detail is not really essential information (especially when we still use most of it today.) :)
To be honest, my interest in the (Norse) calendar is to give the game more authenticity, and I had hoped that some of the details about the various months and stuff might be included with the calendar, like holidays and the like. :)
Corone wrote: I'm a little disappointed that barely days after releasing a new book we're back to 'when's the next one out'.
We are already working on Kings of the Sea but it is far too early to start predicting a release date.
However, we are obviously doing our best to get it out as soon as we can and I would hope to see it before the end of the this year.
Don't be disappointed by this, Andy, take it as a sign of eagerness and the like. Some of us really like the Yggdrasill RPG are wanting more of it and sooner rather than later. Add to that the fact that you've got this ongoing campaign running through the books, and it makes it a bit tougher to run those scenarios when the books take a year or longer between releases.

In any event, I'm looking forward to the paper version of Nine Worlds, and now have the anticipation of looking forward to the Kings of the Sea as well as hopefully some adventures and the like in PDF. :)

JohnK