The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Yggdrasil – the Lands of the North is a game of exciting adventure in a detailed and fascinating setting. Become a hero in the Scandia of legend – intrigue, combat, quests, magic and mythic creatures await...! Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/yggdrasill/
JohnK

The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Post by JohnK » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Hullo, Andy, folks,

I want to know one thing: When the heck are we going to finally get the beautiful GM Screen for this game?

(I know we talked about this in another thread somewhat, but I'm getting tempted to just order the French GM Screen at its ridiculous cost just so I can have the GM Screen and all the charts (even if in French), as I'm tired of flipping through the printed sheets I've been using.) Though if there will not be a GM Screen for the game, I will eventually cave in and see if I can get someone to make the Screen for me, as I'm not very good at that stuff.

This is really long overdue.

So thoughts, comments, anything? :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Corone

Re: The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Post by Corone » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:24 pm

The screens for many of the lines are on hold,
as they are tricky to produce so Dom needs to work out a masterplan.
They haven't been forgotten about but also aren't in the immediate future.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

Beran

Post by Beran » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:02 pm

As the info on a gms screen is primarily numerical I guess you could order direct from 7eme Cercle (hope I spelled thar right.)

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Hullo, Andy,
Corone wrote:The screens for many of the lines are on hold, as they are tricky to produce so Dom needs to work out a masterplan. They haven't been forgotten about but also aren't in the immediate future.
See, what it comes down to is that unless your game system is one of the big sellers, such as The One Ring or DW: AiTaS, there aren't going to be any GM Screens for us.

Dom's been talking about doing the screens for a long time, doing them as a batch for the other lines to cut down somewhat on the costs, but it just never happens. And yet there are some other games out in RPGLand that seem to be able to do a GM Screen, no problem. Personally, I sometimes think the GM Screens for the C7 lines should be done as a bundle Kickstarter or some such.

But bah... what do I know? :(
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Hullo, Beran,
Beran wrote:As the info on a gms screen is primarily numerical I guess you could order direct from 7eme Cercle (hope I spelled thar right.)
The costs on the Yggdrasill GM Screen that I've been able to find put it in the $50-60 range, US, including shipping. That's just too much (especially when you include the crappy exchange rate on the Can$ right now.) That said, I may well cave in on this.

JohnK

Corone

Post by Corone » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:16 pm

JohnK wrote:Hullo, Beran,
Beran wrote:As the info on a gms screen is primarily numerical I guess you could order direct from 7eme Cercle (hope I spelled thar right.)
The costs on the Yggdrasill GM Screen that I've been able to find put it in the $50-60 range, US, including shipping. That's just too much (especially when you include the crappy exchange rate on the Can$ right now.) That said, I may well cave in on this.
If you are going to Gen-Con,
it might be possible for you to order something from 7eme Cercle that they might bring with them.
They often attend and join us on the Cubicle 7 booth.
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

Beran

Post by Beran » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:16 pm

At that price there must be a supplement that comes with it.

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:58 am

Hullo, Andy,
Corone wrote:
JohnK wrote: The costs on the Yggdrasill GM Screen that I've been able to find put it in the $50-60 range, US, including shipping. That's just too much (especially when you include the crappy exchange rate on the Can$ right now.) That said, I may well cave in on this.
If you are going to Gen-Con, it might be possible for you to order something from 7eme Cercle that they might bring with them. They often attend and join us on the Cubicle 7 booth.
Yeah, I remember that Neko and Florrent were both at GenCon when the game came out, and I got my book signed by both of them. Well, one of the two, since I bought a pair of books. :)

That said, unfortunately this year, GenCon is definitely out of the question for me. Too many expenses for me and stuff. However, I may still cave in and buy the French Ecran. At which point, Dom will of course decide to do the GM Screen for the game. :)

JohnK

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:03 am

Hullo, Beran,
Beran wrote:At that price there must be a supplement that comes with it.
Oui.

There's a 16-page booklet that includes lots of details and legends about the "minor" deities; legendary and unique objects, weapons, and other stuff; the Calendar used by the Men of Scandia; and important NPCs and synopses that allow the GM to present them to the Player Characters.

I was hoping that the stuff on the minor deities and the Calendar would have done up in Nine Worlds, but that is not the case. :(

JohnK

Corone

Post by Corone » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 am

JohnK wrote: There's a 16-page booklet that includes lots of details and legends about the "minor" deities; legendary and unique objects, weapons, and other stuff; the Calendar used by the Men of Scandia; and important NPCs and synopses that allow the GM to present them to the Player Characters.

I was hoping that the stuff on the minor deities and the Calendar would have done up in Nine Worlds, but that is not the case. :(
Actually, all of that except the calender (which felt better suited to Kings of the Sea) is in Nine Worlds.
Possibly merged so seamlessly you didn't spot it :)

Legendary items are in the Dvaegar section, minor gods are found in Asgard and the appendix Fjorir (4 in 'norse') details the 4 NPCs.
Cubicle Seven Black Ops