The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Yggdrasil – the Lands of the North is a game of exciting adventure in a detailed and fascinating setting. Become a hero in the Scandia of legend – intrigue, combat, quests, magic and mythic creatures await...! Learn more at our website: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/yggdrasill/
JohnK

Re: The Yggdrasill GM Screen

Post by JohnK » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Hullo, ErikG,
ErikG wrote:JohnK,

I checked Le Valet online but they did not seem to have Yggdrasill anywhere to be found on the site. I tried to order from 7ieme but the automated order processing it said that they could not ship here - I sent an email to them seeing if that is really the case. It is not easy getting a hold of one of these!
No, it's not/wasn't! :)

On the Le Valet pages on-line, on the left side, click the French link Catalogue de Jeux, then Comagnies, and then 7ieme Cercle. That will give you the list of products from 7ieme Cercle, and then scroll down to the section on the game. They even have French copies of the Kings of the Sea, Les Rois de Mer, available. :)

As for getting the books/screen from 7ieme Cercle, they should be willing to ship to Canada, since I asked them about that when I originally inquired about the Ecran and Neuf Mondes. But that was a while ago.
ErikG wrote: I do not know what the charts look like on the inside, but the cover looks great! I am counting on my, rather poor, high school level French to be able to use it...
Erik
The charts on the GM Screen are quite nice. I forgot to check the French errata on the screen (if any), but will need to do that sooner rather than later, methinks. :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Corone

Post by Corone » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:40 pm

ErikG wrote: I love the fact that there is a campaign that is running through the books. Will it continue through the rest of the releases?
The campaign does indeed run through all the books.
Generally each book contains an adventure that might fit anywhere,
and a big adventure that continues the campaign.
As you'll see, the climax of Forgotten Oath gives the PCs a very good reason to set sail. :)
The campaign also has a specific climax in the last supplement I believe.

Keltia also follows the same pattern with the adventures available in that line too.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:02 am

JohnK,

Thanks for helping navigate the way through the site! As I said, I am using some pretty rusty (like back in the early 80s) French. Before I drop the ~34, will my bad French make the screen useless to me, or is it easy enough to understand and use?

Corone,

Great to hear about the campaign! So far I am liking the story (and you are right, the latest instalment kind of ends like a cliff hanger - what will the heroes do next!). Also cool to hear that it will come to some sort of an end game for the players.

You might need to sell me on Keltia - I am a big fan of Pendragon in all of its various editions and love Arthurian myths in general. What different take on the theme does Keltia have?

Erik

Beran

Post by Beran » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:24 am

ErikG wrote:
You might need to sell me on Keltia - I am a big fan of Pendragon in all of its various editions and love Arthurian myths in general. What different take on the theme does Keltia have?

Erik
I think it will be taking a more "realistic" (if I can use that word here) look at the legends and less the Romantic (dare I say it "nonsense" of other games.) Picture Cornwall's "Warlord Chronicles" rather then Mallory's "Mort d" Arthur." At least I hope that is the way they are planning to go with this.

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:44 am

Nothing wrong with Cornwall's take on the myth! I borrowed pretty heavily from it the last campaign of Pendragon that I ran (mixed it up with some Mists of Avalon to make certain characters more interesting than the base mythology has them). The players enjoyed the added grittiness of it as well as the added intrigue brought in by Mists elements.

Erik

Corone

Post by Corone » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:03 pm

Keltia is shaping up really well.
Obviously it has the same production values and amazing art like Yggdrasill.
It also has a very different feel to games like Pendragon.

As mentioned, it is historical post-Roman Britain rather than heroic knights.
Characters might be Celtic warriors, Bards, Druids or Mages etc.
Its a land very much trying to put itself back together after the power vacuum left by the Roman withdrawal.
The world has taken a step backwards, leaving the poorly defended roman towns to return to forts and villages,
while various lords squabble over resources and the right to be king.
In short, its a time in dire need of heroes, and a time destiny is preparing a part for them to play.
Andrew Peregrine - Corone Design
Cubicle Seven Black Ops

Beran

Post by Beran » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Well, as I have previous mentioned that the I am not sure I will be investing myself in another game with a long cool down period (ie glacial) between supplement releases. I know that C7 does quality work, but you will have to bring your A+ game to get me interested in Keltia again. I hope you succeed.

heathd666

Post by heathd666 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

ive read somewhere mayby the old forum that keltia and yggdrassill use the same system so there will be very little tinkering to port yggdrassil characters into the land of keltia and vice versus correct? for example a band of characters from yggdrassil go to keltia and form with some heroes there for the good of all against a greater evil.

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Hullo, ErikG,
ErikG wrote:JohnK,
Thanks for helping navigate the way through the site! As I said, I am using some pretty rusty (like back in the early 80s) French.
Mon plaisir, mon ami. :)
ErikG wrote: Before I drop the ~34, will my bad French make the screen useless to me, or is it easy enough to understand and use?
In my opinion, the French Ecran is easy enough to use, though you may want to go through it and have a French/English dictionary handy for some of the terms that might be beyond you due to the French being rusty. However, being familiar with the game rules in English kind of makes it easy in some ways, since the charts are pretty much like they are in the English rulebook, just in French. :)
"You have no idea how revealing dung can be." - Stephen Hart (He tastes the pteranodon dung.) "That's just not right." - Captain Tom Ryan (Primeval Ep 1.5)

JohnK

JohnK

Post by JohnK » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Hullo, Heathd666,
heathd666 wrote:ive read somewhere mayby the old forum that keltia and yggdrassill use the same system so there will be very little tinkering to port yggdrassil characters into the land of keltia and vice versus correct? for example a band of characters from yggdrassil go to keltia and form with some heroes there for the good of all against a greater evil.
That's pretty accurate as things go from my understanding, though Corone/Andy will have to confirm or deny. Obviously, there will be Skill differences and the like, but I would think the difference in how magic works in Yggdrasill as opposed to Keltia will make a difference.

JohnK